Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » new boyfrind is elder than me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new boyfrind is elder than me
melissa87
Neophyte
Member # 49515

Icon 9 posted      Profile for melissa87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everybody. Im knew here and I would like to hear what you think. I have met a guy, but he is elder than me for 10 years. I feel confused a little, but I really like him and I feel, that he likes me too. Have anybody had an experience in such kind of relationships? Which difficulties will we face up in the future?

Thanks!!!

Posts: 3 | From: Germany, Hannover | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Melissa, welcome to ST.

How the age difference will impact your relationship depends a lot on how old you both are. A ten year age difference is a whole lot more significant when one is 15 and the other is 25, than it would be between two people who are 25 and 35.

It'll also depend a lot on where you are both at in life (how your living situation is, whether you're in college or working, etc).

Can you fill us in on some more of your situation, so we can help you figure out how to navigate this relationship?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.