Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Cystitis?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cystitis?
Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bragorien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got what I think must be my period (but its.. browner than it normally is). But for a couple of days, I have been feeling uncomfortable, with my labia itching slightly. I have also had a kind of burny pain when urinating. however, I used to get this occasionally when I was younger and it meant I wasn't drinking enough water - or so I was told.
I am just slightly worried this time, as my symptoms seem to match that of Cystitis, but I'm not sure what to do about that...
Can you help at all? Especially with the sensation. :/ Not comfy. : (

--------------------
"I made a resolution: Dance, like nobody's watching. Which I do... with the curtains closed - in case anybody's watching!"

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So this has been going on for several days?

If so, then I'd suggest going ahead and heading to your health care provider. Burning with urination is a symptom of a UTI. However, the itching would lead me to wonder about some kind of vaginal infection (like a yeast infection or bacterial infection). Overall, this sounds like something you want somebody to look at.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bragorien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its been I think two days.
How do I go about that? It's kind of nerve wracking for me, I get scared of going to Doctors.. also, my doctor is male :/

--------------------
"I made a resolution: Dance, like nobody's watching. Which I do... with the curtains closed - in case anybody's watching!"

Posts: 74 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't have to see that doctor if you don't want. In the UK, you can get sexual healthcare at a host of different places. Want some help finding out what your options are?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

I am experienceing the kinda needing to pee but not peeing thing, and its really getting on my nerves. Thats the kind of burny thing I'm trying to describe, I think. It's really annoying xD

And yes please : )

[ 09-09-2010, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Bragorien ]

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just FYI, this new piece may give you more info on UTIs:http://www.scarleteen.com/article/pink/dealing_with_utis

Per where you can go, you can go to a GUM clinic, to a Marie Stopes clinic, or can use this NHS directory to find somewhere else local to go: http://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories/Pages/ServiceSearchAdditional.aspx?ServiceType=SexualHealthService

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

Are UTIs common then? :/

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Very. Usual estimates are that anywhere from one in four to one in every two women will get at least one in her lifetime.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

I've wanted to go get properly checked up and things for a while, I know I should get screened and also just generally checked up, but it's not something anyone in my family is very open about, or even does, so I have no idea how to go about getting an appointment for a full kinda.. check up down there, and the kinda rules.. like surely you can't go if you;re on your period? :/ And who do you see? Doctor? Hospital?

Sorry for asking so many questions...

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Did you look at those suggestions I gave you already about who to see?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Bragorien
Activist
Member # 37490

Yeah, there is like, a GUM clinic in my nearest city... I'm just wondering about like.. everything.
Sorry..
I know I'm not making much sense. I have a place to go, but what am i asking for in appointment? :/

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

It's okay.

What do you want in your appointment? Do you just want to have this possible infection addressed, or do you want a pelvic exam and pap smear, tests for all STIs, help with contraception....?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Heather
Member # 3

This page may help: http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/972.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=153

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.