Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Need a little reassurance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need a little reassurance
libertinedreamer
Neophyte
Member # 37328

Icon 1 posted      Profile for libertinedreamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

I'm pretty stressed out at the moment for a number of reasons and I've just started getting really paranoid that I'm pregnant because about a week ago I was 11 hours late taking my pill (I'm NEVER late, have always taken it within an hours window but I had a weird and busy day so I just forgot somehow)

I've been on the pill for 2 years now, and I tricycle them (with the blessing of my family planning nurse). I was on the 2nd cycle when I was late taking my pill.

I know that a) under 12 hours isn't considering "missed", b) being on my second cycle of pills meant that I'd taken over 21 pills before the late pill and c) my boyfriend and I always use the withdrawal method as well. So basically it's pretty much impossible for me to be pregnant... but for my own peace of mind I'd like someone to confirm this so I can calm down about it!

Thanks so much, sorry if this seems like a waste of time.

Posts: 24 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see a significant risk here. Yes, there will always be some risk, but one pill less than 12 hours late isn't likely to compromise your protection much, and you're backing up with a second method anyways.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.