Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I feel silly for asking, but I think it's something I need to know!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I feel silly for asking, but I think it's something I need to know!
Love to love
Activist
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love to love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, so birth control pills are pretty darn effective, and I'm not sure how to ask this for it to make sense.. so if it doesn't I'm sorry. But I'm just wondering if a guy ejaculates inside you is it still the 96-99% effective? (Not sure how effective the pill is, I've heard many different numbers) Or is it that precent when he hasn't ejaculated inside you?

I know my boyfriend usually pulls out, but he didn't the second time he ejaculated when we were having intercourse (I've had my period since then) but it ust made me worry before I got it this month. So I just want to know where that precent stands, when he pulls out vs. if he ejaculates inside you.

Sorry if I don't make sense! It's late here, and I need sleep. [Razz]

Posts: 115 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSYCHOanalytical
Activist
Member # 43343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PSYCHOanalytical     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That'd be when you only use the pill as birth control. Pulling out has its own rate of effectiveness, and together it's different again.

So it'd be around that if he ejaculated inside you and you're taking the pill as the directions go. Pulling out can just make it a little safer, cos there's pretty much no sperm until he finishes (not likely to be any in pre-ejaculate)

--------------------
"Nothing spoils the taste of peanut butter like unrequited love."

Posts: 44 | From: Right here :) | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Psychoanalytical, we appreciate your help, but this is a staff-only section of the boards! See you around the rest of the boards [Smile]

The effectiveness of the pill is 99.7% in perfect use when it's used ALONE -- withdrawal counts as another method of contraception, so the effectiveness rate is actually a bit higher when you use that with the pill. This article
has lots of info about using two methods at once, and it has the exact effectiveness rate of the combination of the pill and withdrawal, if you want to find that out [Smile]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love to love
Activist
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love to love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So basically if a guy ejaculates inside you and you're on the pill, you're 99.7% protected?
Posts: 115 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Essentially, yes.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love to love
Activist
Member # 45991

Okie thank youu! [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.