Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Labia that itches like HELL!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Labia that itches like HELL!
EmilyV-NonPkid
Neophyte
Member # 48103

Icon 4 posted      Profile for EmilyV-NonPkid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having a huge problem with my labia minora right now (although it's been a while now) that it constantly itches and burns and it makes me very confortable. I get sudden urges to scratch myself either in public or private when this happens and it's super embarassing. My mother says it's lack of hygiene but I suggest that it's something serious. I'm thinking of going to an OB/gyn to discuss the problem. The thing is my labia resembles testicles because they're HUGE and they stand out too much. That's the reason why I try avoid wearing tight pants and tight panties but I like wearing them so this possess a problem. I read your articles saying that large inner labia is comepletely normal but I hate it when it "bulges" outside my panties. The itching worsens before and after period and during hot summer days. I may even consider having sugery to make it smaller but I don't know. What do you think?

--------------------
Twitter

Posts: 12 | From: NY | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you needed to get in and be seen, like yesterday. Whenever you are THIS uncomfortable and have itching and burning, you go and get seen if you can, rather than just suffering. If it is an infection, not treating it not only keeps you miserable, it can cause infections to spread or become chronic. I'd call and make that appointment ASAP, okay?

Most likely, this is about some kind of irritation or infection -- which can happen even for people whose hygiene is just fine -- and not your outer labia. But you can certainly talk to an OB/GYN about your labia as well while you're there and see what they have to say.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmilyV-NonPkid
Neophyte
Member # 48103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmilyV-NonPkid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Heather:
Most likely, this is about some kind of irritation or infection -- which can happen even for people whose hygiene is just fine -- and not your outer labia. But you can certainly talk to an OB/GYN about your labia as well while you're there and see what they have to say.

Upon closer inspection, I found out that I have a pimple on BOTH sides of my labia. I didn't knew girls can get pimples there...

The same acne pimples we get on our face appears in our genitals. This is getting out of hand.

[ 08-07-2010, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: askwhatyouneed ]

Posts: 12 | From: NY | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been over a week since you last posted: have you yet seen a healthcare provider?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmilyV-NonPkid
Neophyte
Member # 48103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmilyV-NonPkid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Heather:
It's been over a week since you last posted: have you yet seen a healthcare provider?

The problem went away on its own. As I deduced, there was a pimple on both sites of my labia. I'll take note of any rarities the next time and see a gyno. Thanks for the advice.

BTW, I finished my period without any problems.

--------------------
Twitter

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.