Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy scare again!! Help me!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy scare again!! Help me!!
CorvusWolf
Neophyte
Member # 47380

Icon 9 posted      Profile for CorvusWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I guess I'm not ready to handle sex...and i've been monitoring my cycles and everything for my last two periods. I've kept track of the days where I have most cervical mucous, heaviest bleeding during my periods, etc. and i'm still very worried about becoming pregnant. About 12 days ago (on the 8th) I had protected sex with my boyfriend. We used a condom, and long before he ejaculated he pulled out and finished a little later. I didn't worry too much about it though, since I had stopped having the cervical discharge that I usually get right in between my periods. I understand that having the mucous can be a sign of ovulation and all...so I make sure not to have sex on those days, or at least until all the mucous clears up. But anyway...after we had sex I got my period about 5 days later. My periods are usually about 6 or 7 days long, with my first three days being the heaviest and the most painful, while the other two or three days are much lighter and hardly give me any trouble. My period this time though was really abnormal though. It was so much lighter than usual and it wasn't nearly as painful. My heaviest, most painful day was my first day, and maybe half of the second day. I didn't even have to take pain medication after my first day...I usually have to take some sort of painkiller all through my period. My third day was like the last day of my period, being very light, but my flow was still a bright red, like in the middle of my period. I had very few clots, really unusual...and the last three days of my period I barely noticed that I bled...most of it was brown or a very dull red... but the period lasted about 6 days in all. But I'm really worried because this was such a huge change...I can't remember the last time I had a period like this, and I know that one of the first few signs of pregnancy can be missed period OR a lighter period. And I know that no other symptoms are likely to show up this early. I also started taking birth control on Sunday (the last day of my period). I've been having pains in my lower back and in my front like i'm about to start my period, but not as nearly as bad as usual period pains. I don't know if they're from the birth control or if its just my body. I've also been queasy and have had on and off headaches ever since I started taking the pill. Should I be worried about being pregnant?

--------------------
ಠ_ಠ O RLY?
ಠ_ರೃ I SAY!

Posts: 33 | From: LOLWUT | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given the use of a condom and your partner didn't ejaculate, the risk would have been low as it is. Honestly though, having a period that lasts six days (whether it was normal for you or not in terms of cramps and bleeding) really you can trust your not pregnant. Pregnancy bleeding is really little more than spotting, and you did have something resembling a normal period.

The feelings you have been having may be related to the hormones in the birth control. Side effects tend to be worse for the first few months though, so give your body a little time to adjust.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CorvusWolf
Neophyte
Member # 47380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CorvusWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow thank you so much. Eased my mind much more. I'm still going to take a pregnancy test about 19 days after the fact that i had sex...according to the pregnancy test instructions that's how long I should wait... but is there a chance that my period stopped around the third day and that the rest was just an implantation bleeding or something? I sort of thought that maybe the two could flow together and it could confuse me and make me think that it was just my period...so what are the chances of that happening?

--------------------
ಠ_ಠ O RLY?
ಠ_ರೃ I SAY!

Posts: 33 | From: LOLWUT | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.