Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » late period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: late period
nickylalala
Neophyte
Member # 47749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickylalala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My gf had been autophobia recently. She had nightmare and can't sleep well. Does that affect her period? now is 40 days from her last period. She rarely have her period at a regular time. Is it normal to be 40 days? what is the latest period? i mean before missed? if a period is late..is it because she late ovulate?
Posts: 15 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she's experiencing a persistent fear of loneliness, or of being alone then that's something she may want to be talking with a counselor about.

Sometimes if the lack of sleep is severe enough it can cause a person's periods to be thrown off some. When we're not sleeping, it's difficult for our bodies to function properly. However - if you've had any type of sex that poses a risk of pregnancy since her last period and she has not yet tested for pregnancy she wants to do that to be safe. Usually periods are around 28 days apart, so 40 is either pretty late or missed.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nickylalala
Neophyte
Member # 47749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickylalala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
erm, no we just fingered. I give a post before talking about that. And that time she is 34 days late. Heather said there will be no risk since we are just fingering and i am not even penetrating into her vagina. She told me she woke up several time during the night. She had nightmare, the next morning she felt tired, nausea(a little), dizziness. What could have happen? last night she sleep with me. She felt better in sleep. And tonight she is back home sleep with her family. I think she will just get better. [Smile] 40 days does it means her ovulation is late or no ovulation at all?
Posts: 15 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nickylalala
Neophyte
Member # 47749

and she had been having this sleep problem since her roommate gone back. It has been a week now. Does this affect her period too?
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It can affect her period, or it's possible she just skipped it this month. Because there wasn't a pregnancy risk, there's really not a reason to be too worried just yet. Women miss periods for LOTS of reasons. If she starts missing them often, or doesn't get it next month then she'll want to consult with her doctor to make sure everything's okay. But one skipped isn't generally a huge deal.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nickylalala
Neophyte
Member # 47749

Thanks Stephanie. My girlfriend has just started her period few hours ago. Now i may think of pretty much reason is due to after her last period we had an exam on 10th to 16th. Probably all those stress add together causes her period to be late. [Big Grin] Really thanks a lot for your advise Stephanie. [Big Grin] its 42 days late....its really late right? >"<

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.