Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » BC Whoopsies...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BC Whoopsies...
paperlight
Neophyte
Member # 42077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paperlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey - it's been a while since I've logged in here, but its great to know that Scarleteen is doing well!

I tried to search for this specific problem on your website before posting a new topic, but I couldn't quite find it. So I apologize in advance for creating an additional post.

Anyway, I made a mistake with my BC recently. I accidentally took a TUES pill instead of a SUN pill on a Sunday (same time) and I just realized it the next day that I've mixed them up. So, I decided to take the missed SUN pill on the following Tuesday, meaning that I still took a pill every night on the same time. All these pills are active (non-green).

So to clarify, I technically did NOT miss a pill, just switched days. WIll this affect effectiveness? I know this is a silly mistake, and I will be more careful next time.

Thanks for the quick response.

Posts: 19 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are all of your active pills the same color? If they're all the same (meaning your pill is monophasic and each active pill has the same hormones in it), then it's fine.

However, if your active pills are different colors (which generally means the different colors have different amounts of active ingredients) AND the pills you mixed up were in different colors, then it might have some impact on effectiveness. In that case, your best bet is probably to backup for the rest of the pack and consider your pill back at full effectiveness when you start a new pack.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paperlight
Neophyte
Member # 42077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paperlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been taking Reclipsen, which I believe is monophasic (same colored active pills).

Thanks a lot and I'll keep this in mind [Smile]

Posts: 19 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.