Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Why Don't I find Masturbation "Pleasurable"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why Don't I find Masturbation "Pleasurable"?
Dark Horse
Neophyte
Member # 47359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dark Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an 18 year old female and I've experimented with masturbation quite a bit for the past few years. The thing is, I've never found it pleasurable. My body reacts properly. My stomach tightens, I get wet, and my breathing gets heavy.... But what I feel isn't the pleasure everyone seems to feel that makes most girls want to do it all the time.

I do feel an intense sensation, but I'd compare it to being tickled which we all know isn't usually fun. I want to pull my hand, or the vibrator away from my clit rather than keep on going which is troubling to me. This makes it so I never have the desire to masturbate.

I want to enjoy the feeling of masturbation. Everything else works right. Is this how it's supposed to feel for people? I've looked and looked, but have never come across anyone complaining about this issue I am now.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2 | From: Los Angeles, California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Horse
Neophyte
Member # 47359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dark Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to bump this. Does really no one have any ideas?
Posts: 2 | From: Los Angeles, California | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveyoumake
Activist
Member # 41194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveyoumake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel bad that this post has sat here for over a month. I just want to say that I have a friend who experienced the same thing... she would be aroused and lubricated and everything but then she couldn't continue stimulation of her clitoris, this is the same for you? I'm not sure if my friend has ever had an orgasm from masturbating like that or not, but I do know that she has reported having an orgasm from vaginal intercourse. Perhaps try using the vibrator inside too? I hope this helps maybe. [Smile]
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Loveyoumake - The Ask Scarleteen and Emergencies and Crises sections are for volunteer and staff replies only. Please do not respond to questions in these sections other than threads you started yourself.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dark Horse: Sorry this was missed over. Sometimes when we get a lot of posts things get skipped here or there, and feel free to bump earlier than a month, if you don't get an answer after a couple days it probably got lost in a shuffle somewhere.

Plenty of women find that clitoral stimulation is just something that's too intense. Have you tried stimulating other areas that may be less ofa target stimulation? You can try either rubbing other areas of your vulva, inserting your fingers or a toy into your vagina, etc. Everyone's different so what works for one person may not for another.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.