Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » A couple of questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A couple of questions
12redtulips
Neophyte
Member # 44219

Icon 5 posted      Profile for 12redtulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, the situation is as follows:
My boyfriend and I had sex without a condom briefly this afternoon, but he pulled out and used a condom for the rest of it. I am also on the pill and have not missed any or taken any late this pack. Since he didn't come and the pill has been used properly, I'm thinking I'm pretty safe. Nonetheless, I took plan B about 3 hours after sex. We're both std tested and free so I'm fine for that.
First question: Have I been careful enough in terms of pregnancy rist? Anything else I need to do?
Second question: my boyfriend couldn't ever actually "finish"... I asked him about it and if there was something I could do better for him. He pretty much said he didn't know why it happened. Can you provide any explanations on this? I'm just really confused because it's never been a problem before
Thanks

Posts: 28 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've been on the pill for more than a month and have been using it correctly, your risk is at less than 1%. So, that, plus the fact that your partner did not ejaculate in you and you also got EC means that you don't need to be worried about a pregnancy risk.

As for your second question: There really isn't a problem. Bodies aren't machines and they don't always behave exactly the way we expect them to. Plus, orgasm should not be a requirement in sexual activity - sex can be plenty fun without it. So, this is perfectly fine and not a cause for concern at all.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
12redtulips
Neophyte
Member # 44219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 12redtulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Following up on my previous situation:
my withdrawal bleed is several days late, which I know can be common with plan b, but how late should I expect it to be?
It's been over 2 weeks since I took plan b, so I'm a little surprised that it's still impacting my cycle. How long does plan b usually last? I didn't really feel any side effects from it when I took it, so I wasn't even sure that it worked
Basically, at what point should I be concerned that my withdrawal bleed hasn't happened?

Posts: 28 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's really no telling when your bleed will arrive, and it's actually possible for plan B to make your cycle wonky for two or three cycles. You can take a pregnancy test to be sure, but odds are low you need to worry about not having the bleed.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.