Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pimple in pubic area..?!?!?! Help. Won't go away

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pimple in pubic area..?!?!?! Help. Won't go away
AmandaJune
Neophyte
Member # 46606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmandaJune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I got what looks like a pimple in my pubic area. I do shave down there. The pimple is right in area where the edge of my underwear rubs and I do wear tight pants.

But the thing is that it's been there for a while now. Like I would say almost a month. I have been picking at it.

Is this just irritation or something more? I mean it's only the one I don't have more bumps or anything. And it looks just like a pimple. Is the constant irritation from my underwear and pants causing it to not go away? Also the shaving etc...?

I always use condoms so I don't think it could be an STD could it?

Posts: 25 | From: Vermont | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condoms don't protect 100% against STIs, they just reduce the chances of transmission. It's entirely possible that this is a pimple and it isn't going away because of where it is, but since it's been there for quite awhile, there's no harm in getting it checked out by your doctor. If you're not up to date with your STI screenings, you can do that at the same time. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.