Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » *sigh* More ridiculous pregnancy questions.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *sigh* More ridiculous pregnancy questions.
GhostyGhostyy
Neophyte
Member # 45259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GhostyGhostyy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, here is my situation. I'm sure a lot of people have read this before, as I post a lot, but here it is ayways.

-I've been on Minestrin 1/20 for about 4 or 5 months. Never missed a pill by more than 2 hours, always start them on time etc. Haven't taken any antibiotics, or anything else that can interfere.

-I've never had sex without a condom. Sometimes we fool around with him inside me without a condom, but he never ejaculates and has always peed a lot to clear any "old semen" out before we engage in any of these activities.

-I missed my period while on vacation. I was so stressed out about it not coming, and basically agonized about it every day. Could the stress of that have contributed to the fact that my period didn't come?

-I have thrown up twice since then, just out of nowhere... could this be morning sickness?

-The two friends that I have told are extremely worried about me, and really want me to take a pregnancy test. Is there any reason to take a test? I'm pretty confident, but when my friends aren't, it makes me paranoid.

Sorry for the long post, I guess I just didn't know who else to ask.. <3

Posts: 39 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being worried about a missing period can contribute to making a period even more late.

If you've been taking your pill as directed - and it sounds like you have - you do not need to be worried about a pregnancy. The failure rate of the pill at perfect use is less than 1%.

Too, if you were pregnant, you couldn't be more than a couple of weeks along, and morning sickness would not start that early.

If you're still worried, though, you can just go ahead and take a test for your peace of mind.

(And if you continue to throw up for no readily apparent reason, you may want to give your doctor a call.)

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.