Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Indirect Transfer of Pre-ejaculate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Indirect Transfer of Pre-ejaculate
EC
Activist
Member # 43338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I worry more than normal about pregnancy possibilities, and I plan on taking a break from sexual activity for a while. Just wanted to run this by you guys and ask if there is any risk whatsoever:

A couple of times, I was on or near the bed with my partner, engaging in cuddling, kissing, and heavy "petting." We didn't do anything overtly sexual, but as I pre-ejaculate a lot, some soaked through my underwear and pants. The damp spot did not come into contact with her, and neither of us touched it directly.

I tried my best to keep this spot away from her and the bed. Could there be any risk from pre-ejaculate on my pants transferring to the bed or a blanket, and then somehow making its way to her vagina? i.e. from her touching a part of the bed that may have come in contact with the damp spot and then touching her vagina, or by her underwear coming in contact with that part of the bed.

I was fully clothed both times (underwear + slacks or jeans). Again, there was no direct contact. I'm just worried about indirect transfer.

Thank you very much for your help.

Posts: 44 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there EC,

First of all, from the situation you described there is no pregnancy risk.I think that if an unplanned pregnancy is not something you are wanting at this point in either of your lives then being extra cautious is not a bad thing at all, however if it is something that you worry about a lot then taking a break because your not ready for sex and the associated risk's at this point is not a bad idea. [Smile]

Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EC
Activist
Member # 43338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you nixieGurl for your quick and helpful reply [Smile]

Just out of curiosity, is there is no risk because sperm can't travel through clothing like that? Or does it have to do with the fact that it's pre-ejaculate rather than semen.

Posts: 44 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EC
Activist
Member # 43338

I was just wondering if someone could go into a little detail about why this is considered no risk?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure. In short, because sperm are actually very delicate, and very much need the fluid they are in -- semen -- to keep them viable as well as to move from place to place.

So, when you have something happen where that fluid is soaked up by something like blankets, sperm are without the fluid they need both to keep them viable, and which they can move in.

Does that make more sense now?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EC
Activist
Member # 43338

Heather, thank you for getting back to me. Yes, that does make sense.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.