Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Another Nuvaring?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Nuvaring?
Kalex
Activist
Member # 43486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on Nuvaring for three months, and it seems to be working out well for me thus far. I've been going to the clinic at my college to get them, which is really convenient for me. The trouble is that right now it is closed over the break, and I need to insert a new Nuvaring on Thursday. I'm not really sure where to go to get a new one?

I got prescribed them for three months and then I was supposed to have a checkup to see how things were going before getting a new prescription, so I'm confused now. Do I need to have a prescription in order to even get one?

I figured I'd check in here before going to drugstores and having to ask them. Thank you!

Posts: 52 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You do need a prescription for hormonal birth control. Once you have your prescription, you can pick it up at the pharmacy at your clinic, or any other pharmacy.

It's usually a good idea to plan ahead and always have an extra Ring on hand to avoid this kind of situation. Since your prescription has run out, you really won't be able to get a new Ring until you can call in to renew your prescription. You'll want to do that as soon as you get the chance, and then be sure to use a back-up method of birth control.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalex
Activist
Member # 43486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So how would I be able to call in to renew if it's closed? Ugh, this is annoying. Having the Ring isn't critical, per se, because I'm not having intercourse yet, but clothes do come off and we are at the point where we are learning about how to give each other oral. Having the Ring just felt like a good idea.

Well, OK then. I guess I'll just be more careful in the future. It didn't occur to me that I needed an extra, because the clinic's so close. I'll check around to see if any other branches of the same clinic service are still functional. Thank you.

Posts: 52 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.