Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Worried Something Is Wrong

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried Something Is Wrong
LovinLife
Activist
Member # 39347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovinLife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I've been on the birth control Aviane for almost two years with no problems, yesterday I started bleeding and I'm not too sure why. I am on my second week of pills and I never am early or later for my periood. I haven;t missed any pills, the latest I have been taking it is an hour and I took it without water. This is really concerning me, all I can think of is that maybe I'm bleeding because of sex on the weekend, my boyfriend was hitting my cervix repeatedly...sooo, maybe that has something to do with it? I'm not overly sure but quite worried, thanks so much.

--------------------
In Love

Posts: 57 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that might have caused some bleeding, and it may just be random.

Are you up to date on STI screenings? Unexplained vaginal bleeding is a common sign of some STIs, so you should get checked out.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovinLife
Activist
Member # 39347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovinLife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much, so I don;t have anything to be worried about in terms of my pill not working?

--------------------
In Love

Posts: 57 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, if you are taking them correctly, the pill is effective.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokiskya
Neophyte
Member # 45001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokiskya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have alot of questions so here we go...i keep having the feeling that im having my period. the part where the blood is coming out, but when i check, my underwear is dry.is that normal? i also have a lot of pain where it feels like someone is pushing down on my vagina is that normal? and alot of time it itches really bad down there. should i see my doctor? if yes any advice on how to not be nervous? cuz when that day cums im really nervous. ive heard that getting a specculum hurts bad. is that true? what exactly do doctors do? and alot of times my vagina feels really tense and theres nothing i did to cause it. that i know of. ive heard that deep breathing and blowing out your mouth helps, but it doesn't work for me...i think thats the only questions that i can think of now. thanks for your time
Posts: 2 | From: michigan | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokiskya
Neophyte
Member # 45001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokiskya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have alot of questions so here we go...i keep having the feeling that im having my period. the part where the blood is coming out, but when i check, my underwear is dry.is that normal? i also have a lot of pain where it feels like someone is pushing down on my vagina is that normal? and alot of time it itches really bad down there. should i see my doctor? if yes any advice on how to not be nervous? cuz when that day cums im really nervous. ive heard that getting a specculum hurts bad. is that true? what exactly do doctors do? and alot of times my vagina feels really tense and theres nothing i did to cause it. that i know of. ive heard that deep breathing and blowing out your mouth helps, but it doesn't work for me...i think thats the only questions that i can think of now. thanks for your time
Posts: 2 | From: michigan | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.