Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Signs of pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Signs of pregnancy?
stayclassy
Neophyte
Member # 43716

Icon 9 posted      Profile for stayclassy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really have no idea how to get ahold of a pregnancy test since I have no car, and i don't wanna tell my friends.
I was supposed to get my period today, but last night it just bled to fill up a pantyliner and now it stopped. :\
My bf & I used condoms except once, but he pulled out in time.
I'm still kinda scared. :\ Help?

Posts: 10 | From: united states. | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are due for your period today and you started bleeding last night, even if the bleeding was lighter than usual, it's pretty likely that you are experiencing your period. A period doesn't always look the exact same way every time, and a lighter period now and again is not unusual.

If the bleeding remains light and you are worried, can you ask your boyfriend to help you get a pregnancy test?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayclassy
Neophyte
Member # 43716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayclassy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the thing is, I REALLY don't think I'm on my period. Like, whenever I wipe myself I don't see any blood- at all.
I just checked right now and there's still nothing. :\

Also, I usually bleed the most during the first days, so this is a major contrast.

Posts: 10 | From: united states. | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may be that your period is a bit late, and you had some spotting before.

BUT, it does sound like testing makes sense here if you don't get your period within the next couple of days. You should find a way to get a test, whether that's your boyfriend helping you or you getting a ride from a friend (you don't have to tell them what you're going to buy).

[ 11-22-2009, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: atm1 ]

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayclassy
Neophyte
Member # 43716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayclassy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I'm starting to calm down now lol. Thank you both. (:
stayclassy
Neophyte
Member # 43716

My friend said that my pms will be late since I lost my virginity recently? (10 days ago)
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having any kind of sex for the first time would NOT delay your period. (Although - unusually major stress can be a factor, if having sex for the first time was seriously stressful for you)

For reasons why your period may be late/missing, read here: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

Also, just to reiterate what others told you earlier, if you don't start having what seems more like your period in the next few days, we recommend you take a pregnancy test.

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.