Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » No Withdrawal Bleed (I'm kinda freaking out)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No Withdrawal Bleed (I'm kinda freaking out)
12redtulips
Neophyte
Member # 44219

Icon 4 posted      Profile for 12redtulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm taking Tri-Sprintec, the generic of Ortho Tri. Right now I'm on my second pack.
I started having sex during the first week of my second pack. We used a condom at ALL times, and if there was any breakages, they were too small for us to notice, although I'm about 99% sure that the condom didn't ever break.
I've taken my pill religiously. Same time every day, and have NOT missed any. So, the only way I can figure my pill would have gotten messed up is if it were exposed to temperatures above/below those recommended by the manufacturer.
I started my placebo pills this morning and have no signs of withdrawal bleed. I'm not too sure on how its supposed to work because on my first (and only other) pack, I pretty much had bleeding the entire last 3 weeks of pills.
So... should I be freaking out that my withdrawal bleed hasn't started on time? like I said, I don't know of any condom breakages, and I haven't missed any pills. HELP [Frown]

Posts: 28 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you had lots of breakthrough bleeding during your first plack, that may be why you aren't seeing a withdrawal bleed now.

Can I ask when you started the first pack in relationship to your period then? Did you do a first-day or Sunday start, or did you start mid-cycle?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
12redtulips
Neophyte
Member # 44219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 12redtulips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started the pack on the first day of my period, as the directions stated.
After a few days on the pill, my bleeding stopped for the rest of the week, but I had spotting, starting during my second week of pills, for the rest of the pack

Posts: 28 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And that breakthrough bleeding is very typical for new users of hormonal methods: it generally is nothing to worry about.

Given when you started your pill, you likely aren't seeing a withdrawal bleed because of all that previous bleeding and spotting. Given you were using the pill AND condoms properly, pregnancy would be very, very unlikely.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.