Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » spotting, very worried... help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: spotting, very worried... help?
leahmeadowes199277
Neophyte
Member # 43821

Icon 4 posted      Profile for leahmeadowes199277     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
earlier this month, my period was 3 days late. which is strange, because i'm NEVER late. my boyfriend and i had fooled around (manual and oral sex) but we always washed our hands after and stuff, and according to your site, i had no risk. it felt like a normal period, i have VERY bad cramps, and it was my normal moderately heavy flow, but the blood was a little browner than usual, and i might not have had as many heavy days, but i might have... i'm not sure.

anyway, i noticed yesterday that i was spotting. it was BRIGHT red blood, and was only there the one time i went to the bathroom. there was enough to see easily, and was spread throughout my normal discharge kind in streaks (not mixed in). i feel slightly crampy, and my discharge is kind of yellow today. i googled it and found all kinds of stuff about implantation bleeding and that you could have your period while you're pregnant. i'm SO scared now. the only thing i've done since my period is give my boyfriend oral sex (i was on my period at the time, and was fully clothed... nothing touched my vagina).

my last period started on august 11th. the one before that was july 13th, and before that june 17th. i don't know if it matters, but my cousin (who i spend A LOT of time with) started taking birth control in late june/early july. could her hormones be effecting me? or could i be pregnant? or ovulating? i'm VERY scared. oh and if it matters, i've been pretty stressed out lately. i have an anxiety disorder (i obsessed and cried for days because i was worried about my period before) and just had a bad breakup.

[ 08-26-2009, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: leahmeadowes199277 ]

Posts: 8 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't be pregnant without having a risk [Smile] , so don't worry.

Any of those stresses that you mentioned could cause your period to be late *by themselves.* Combining them pretty much means that a late period is very likely.

As for the spotting, it could be due to several things. It could be from a scratch from manual sex or masturbation, it could be ovulation, or it could be bleeding related to some sort of infection. Are you up to date on STI screenings?

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leahmeadowes199277
Neophyte
Member # 43821

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leahmeadowes199277     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i haven't ever been screened for sti's... the only person i've ever been with was my ex, and he was a virgin and had only performed manual sex on his previous girlfriends. and before i spotted, neither i or anyone else had touched me. =/

i can't seem to shake the fear that i'm pregnant. i've NEVER had any direct genital contact (only dry humping with both parties wearing at least 2 layers of clothing), my ex never touched me when his hand was dripping with semen (you all say that's the only way to get pregnant from manual sex) and i've never had sex. but i wake up every morning in a panic, terrified that i'm going to have to tell my mom that i'm a virgin, but i'm pregnant. =/

Posts: 8 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.