Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » pill worry!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pill worry!
loveshimalot
Neophyte
Member # 43809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveshimalot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am on microgynon 30 and this is my first month taking it, I took my first one on the last day of my period as instructed by m doctor. I had sex with my boyfriend around a week later and the condom split but he didnt cum inside of me and I am now 3 days late for my period even on the placebo pills, could I be pregnant?

--------------------
lollipop! x

Posts: 4 | From: midlands | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure why your doctor suggested starting on the last day of your period, to be honest. The suggested ways to start are either on the first day of a period, or the first Sunday after a period starts. Did he/she explain their rationale to you for having you start in a different way?

All the same, given you did not start on one of those days, and did have a condom break in that first week of pills, you may have had a pregnancy risk. While your body may simply not be adjusted yet to the pills, so you don't have your withdrawal bleed yet, I'd still suggest taking a pregnancy test.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveshimalot
Neophyte
Member # 43809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveshimalot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my doctor said the only reason why they usually say to start on the first day is to make sure you are not pregnant. so told me to take it that day. should i wait for a few days to see if i do start my period or take the test soon ?

--------------------
lollipop! x

Posts: 4 | From: midlands | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What they're supposed to do is give you a pregnancy test before you start. But you're saying your doctor said the FIRST day, but you started it on the LAST day?

All the same, if your period is late, you can take a test now.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveshimalot
Neophyte
Member # 43809

yehh so because i had my period she knew i wasn't pregnant so told me to start it as that was the day i finished my period on. sorry im not making much sense. and okie, thank you for the advice [Smile]

--------------------
lollipop! x

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.