Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can't shake being nervous.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't shake being nervous.
rachelh27
Neophyte
Member # 42476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rachelh27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started the pill (Levora) in June, and have pretty much been a perfect user... only took it an hour late once, and that was during my first pill pack. I am just finishing up my second pack... third day of placebos, which is the day I got my withdrawal bleed last cycle. About two weeks ago, my boyfriend and I had unprotected (no condom) contact, but because we were both a bit uncomfortable with it, he pulled out after about ten seconds, and there was no ejaculation.

Is this a risk I should worry about? I know that perfect pill use comes with 99.7% protection against pregnancy, but I haven't learned to trust it yet. I started the pill so I wouldn't have to worry anymore, but I still am! Hopefully you won't be seeing me around this section too much after this [Smile]

Posts: 34 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you know, even prefect use doesn't give you 100% protection, but .003 is a very small risk.

So, this is all about what you need. If you're not cool with that yet, by all means, stick to backing up with condoms, which you may want to do anyway if you two haven't both been screened with negative results for STIs lately. If you are okay with that level of risk, then you are. But only you can work out what's best for you in that regard. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rachelh27
Neophyte
Member # 42476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rachelh27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Heather [Smile] Both of us decided that condoms are something we are going to continue to use, even with me on the pill.

So I am going to try not to worry, I guess, since it doesn't sound like I should have a big reason to be concerned.

Posts: 34 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.