Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Possible pregnancy scare??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible pregnancy scare??
Little_Skittles
Neophyte
Member # 43472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little_Skittles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've asked around my friends and have done a lot of research online about this but I'm still not sure.

About 2 weeks ago I was hooking up with a guy and I gave him a hand job. He cummed and it was still on his dick while we were "dry *******" (withing that same hour) but it wasn't so dry..I had been wearing bathing suit bottoms during that and I'm pretty sure he cummed again, and afterwards my bottoms were soaked from both of us.. Also his dick was totally exposed and he actually put the tip in for a few seconds. Could I get pregnant this way?

And my periods are never too precise but 5 days after that I started my period, and it wasn't normal at all and was very light which is unnatural for me, they're usually very heavy the first days, and then after 5 days of my period it turned heavier, like a more normal period and i'm still getting some weird i guess spotting, and it's been over a week of this period!

And sorry this is so long but, I also went to planned parenthood with my friend and to get on birth control and they took a urine sample but since I didn't bring up the concern whould they call if they tested for pregnancy?

And sorry again but one more thing, I just took my first birth control pill today because if I didn't today then I'd have to wait another month. Would this be bad if I were to be pregnant? Or could it affect any pregnancy tests or anything?

Thank you so much I hope you can help me.

Posts: 3 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there. First of all, you could have had a pregnancy risk from a) his semen soaking through your bathing suit, which sounds like that may have been the case, and b) the unprotected genital contact. However, since you have had a significant period since this risk, it is safe to say that you are not pregnant. But you did put yourself at risk for STIs, so you need to be checked for that soon.

I would think that Planned Parenthood checked for pregnancy before putting you on birth control-- otherwise, I'm not sure what the purpose of the urine test would have been. Regardless, you had that period so you are not pregnant.

No, the hormones in birth control pills do not interfere with pregnancy tests in any way. And even if you were pregnant and had taken your pills, there is no real evidence that this causes any problems with a pregnancy.

Let us know if we can help you further!

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.