Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » He can't make me orgasm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: He can't make me orgasm?
Amy A
Neophyte
Member # 40137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I are just starting to get more physical with each other.

The other day, he fingered me for the first time. He'd never fingered anyone before and I hadn't ever received either.

He was doing it non stop for 2 hours, and it felt good, but I couldn't orgasm. We tried again the next day, same thing. (After 1/2 hour I told him he should stop if he wanted, but he was determined to see it through haha).

He seemed kind of upset that he couldn't make me finish. I told him that it takes practice, and that it wasn't something he was doing wrong, it's just naturally hard for me to orgasm. He still seemed upset though, any advice for me?

Posts: 23 | From: San Diego | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He can't make this about him. It's going to lead for frustration on both your parts.

You aren't a robot. Your body isn't going to respond on cue at any given time. For most women, it takes a good amount of foreplay for true arousal to happen, and even then, orgasm isn't a given. Pleasure is pleasure, no matter how you cut it, and no orgasm doesn't mean everything was a waste, you know?

You are new to him, and he's new to you. You're right: any sort of climax isn't realistic until you've figured out what makes eachother tick, and he needs to understand that and not get frustrated when it just doesn't work.

How about having him read this post? Sometimes it's easier for people to understand something when it comes from a third party.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a side note, he also needs to understand that fingering may just NOT be the thing for you. Most women don't orgasm with just penetration by itself. Some other factors may need to be involved to do it for you, which is perfectly fine, but it's going to involve some help from you and some patience from him.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.