Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » precum and fingering? pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: precum and fingering? pregnancy?
sarah grace
Activist
Member # 42926

Icon 4 posted      Profile for sarah grace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been terrified the past few days that i'm pregnant.

i was at my boyfriend's house and we were messing around. he obviously had an erection. he "adjusted" himself/his boxers a few times, and i know he does produce precum when he has an erection. after that, he took my clothes off and fingered me. i'm pretty sure he touched my legs/my clothes/the couch/other stuff before his fingers actually entered my vagina, and i've done all kinds of research and it seems that there is a risk. there was no semen involved, and he did perform oral on me during and after the fingering. i'm so scared that i'm going to have to tell my mom that even though i'm a virgin, i'm pregnant. i haven't missed my period yet, but i'm still SO, so scared.

help?

edit: i was thinking about getting emergency contraception, but this all happened on monday, and today is saturday. =[[ too late.

[ 06-13-2009, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: sarah grace ]

Posts: 57 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really, when you start having to trace the path semen or pre-ejaculate may have taken, your risk is pretty much nil. Unless you were to take a good fingerfull of fresh semen and smear it on your genitals, the risk from fingering/oral sex is extremely low. So it doesn't sound like you had a risk from this situation.

If it makes you feel better and would be more reassuring, you can take a pregnancy test at least 10 days after the risk. That way you don't have to wait for your period to come before you can be fully relieved. But as I said, I really don't think you had a risk here.

For the future, you can always suggest using condoms for any kind of sex, and washing hands before and after manual sex.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarah grace
Activist
Member # 42926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarah grace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my gosh, thank you. i have been SO worried. i'm so glad this site exsists and that you guys do this. it's really great to have somewhere to turn when you're freaking out. so you really don't think i should worry?
Posts: 57 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not in this case, no. [Smile]

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.