Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » private parts whitening

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: private parts whitening
beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

Icon 5 posted      Profile for beauty+FULL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is there anything that can help to whiten the private parts?be it scrub or creams. [Confused]
Posts: 48 | From: in mua beauty world,where everyone beautiful leaves there XD | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I ask why you'd want your genitals to be white or lighter?

Do you feel like you have a good idea about what kind of diversity we see in genitals and what kind of range of color people have? Are you aware that genital tissue is anything from peach to pink to red to brown to purplish to greyish to to black, and that all of those colors are normal and common?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beauty+FULL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to say white,I just want to lighten its color,if possible.But then I want a safe way in doing so
i realise that as I grow,genetials start changing colors @.@

as a kid mine is pink in color but as I grow,the color change frm pnik to red.Is there a way to make the color change back to pink again?

Posts: 48 | From: in mua beauty world,where everyone beautiful leaves there XD | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our genitals as children don't look the same as they do when we're adults because puberty changes things like depth of color and size.

You can't bleach your vulva: bleaches aren't safe for that area. So, the color you have now is the color you've got, which there is nothing wrong with.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beauty+FULL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks a bunch heather for assuring me that nothing is wrong with the color i have at the moment .pardon me,but i think m a vain pot here.. =.=

though nothing is wrong with the lips color and the vagina skin,i have heard of some girls using scrub-the normal body scrub which usually contain beads/oats-to scrub off the dead skin cells.they claim the dead skin cell at the vagina cause the skin color to change..

from what i know,isnt that scrubbing the vagina skin is a bit too much?cos i know the skin there is sensitive and also srubbing the skin down south can cause yeast infection due to the sugar/salt content in the scrub
all that can change the vagina pH right?correct me if m wrong here. :)do enlighten me

Heather
Member # 3

You can exfoliate if you want to -- though yes, I'd be gentle, and NOT use things like sugars, but just a loofah or washcloth -- but that is not going to change the pigment of your genital tissue.

Also know that genital tissue isn't like the skin on the rest of your body, and it's likely to even accumulate dead skin cells to rub off in the first place.

Ultimately, though? I personally think your time and energy is better placed on accepting your genital appearance as-is. Again, there is nothing wrong with you, nor anything in need of repair or alteration here. Keeping your emotional energy invested in the idea there is just isn't likely to benefit you much, and there are WAY more beneficial and productive places for it, IMO.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

also what about whitening creams?i known some girls use whitening creams like NIVEA on their lips to lighten its color @.@

isnt that dangerous?i mean its similar to bleaching right?cos some whitening products does have bleaching ingredients in them X.X

Heather
Member # 3

Whitening creams will generally make very clear on their packaging they are not meant for places like genital tissue.

Again, those areas are very different than things like the hands. They are more sensitive, they are more easily irritated, they are more impacted by things like harsh chemicals.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

thanks for reminding me of all that.
so,its best to use just plain washclothes/loofah in pad forms to just gently exfoliate the vulva?is it safe to use lets say a home made scrub,made of salt and also sqeeze lemon juice?

Heather
Member # 3

I'd not put salt and lemons and such on your vulva, seriously. I'd personally just wash yourself gently, with a simple, unfragranced soap and a loofah or washcloth.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

errrr,unfragranced soup??where to get?as i know most are fragranced anyway @.@

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.