Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » cervical cancer vaccination

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cervical cancer vaccination
beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

Icon 5 posted      Profile for beauty+FULL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi,
i hope to know more about this vaccination.i want to know practically everything that has do do with vacinnation,if possible [Wink]
eg 1)how many virus does they vaccine covers?
2)as i understands it,it consists 3 jabs right?
3)and can i know the current market price for this?
[Smile]

Posts: 48 | From: in mua beauty world,where everyone beautiful leaves there XD | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluejumprope
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 40774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluejumprope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The vaccine is for many strains of the sexually transmitted infection HPV. Some strains of HPV often cause cervical cancer.

Check out these articles, and if you still have questions come on back [Smile]

The HPV Vaccine FAQ
The STI Files: Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
Today I Was Vaccinated Against HPV

--------------------
without tenderness, we are in hell. -Adrienne Rich

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beauty+FULL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the prompt reply..but where can i get the gardasil in malaysia?
Posts: 48 | From: in mua beauty world,where everyone beautiful leaves there XD | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluejumprope
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 40774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluejumprope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a doctor you see regularly, or is there a clinic in your area?

Those would be the best people to point you in the right direction.

--------------------
without tenderness, we are in hell. -Adrienne Rich

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beauty+FULL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks again bluuejumprope

-I find that my doctor recommend more on Cervarix,he even mention that the additional 2 type of protection offer by Gerdasil is for those who have multiple sex partner and very active in sex.(genetial warts)
But isnt it important to be covered from all four types of virus rather than two?
-Also,i find that most labs that offer vaccination tends to promote more of Cervarix than Gerdasil(maybe the price being one of the factor)
-if lets say I get Cervarix vaccination first to cover me from two types of virus,can i actually get vaccination in the form of Gardasil in the future?just for genetial warts coverage

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure why your doctor would recommend getting a vaccine that only protects against 2 types of the virus instead of one that protects against 4 - the more protection the better, no matter if you've only had one partner or 40.

As for whether you can get both vaccinations, that's something you'll have to ask your doctor. Cervarix seems to be more popular in Australia and Asia (it was developed in Australia) and Gardasil more in use in North America and Europe. The availability of each where you live may be a factor in which one you can get.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

thanks karybu for pointing out on why i having a bit hard time searching for Gardasil in Malaysia

even i find it odd that my doc recommend me taking Cervarix instead of Gardasil. @.@

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.