Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » sleep with bra on

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sleep with bra on
beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

Icon 5 posted      Profile for beauty+FULL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my question is:

1)is it totally ok to sleep with bra on?
2)is it true that sleeping with bra on can cause breast cancer?
3)when sleeping,is it its not encouraged going commando(not wearing underwear) as it can cause some kind of infection?
[Confused]

Posts: 48 | From: in mua beauty world,where everyone beautiful leaves there XD | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I understand, there has been no substantial, conclusive evidence that suggests that sleeping with a bra will cause breast cancer or even lead to poor breast health. The one thing I can think of (and have found) is that they don't suggest it, especially if you wear underwire, because you could end up sleeping in such a way that blood flow is restricted to the breast tissue, and it's possible to prevent easy breathing.

But you aren't going to get cancer from sleeping with a bra on, no. That's a myth.

I'm not sure where you heard that not wearing underwear to bed can cause infections, but it's also a total myth. In fact, sleeping in something loose and non-restrictive is a GOOD thing. Your genitals need breathing room, and after wearing close fitting clothing all day, it's a wise thing to wear something loose to bed. You aren't going to get an infection, I promise.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beauty+FULL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the fast reply!!**impressed**
Posts: 48 | From: in mua beauty world,where everyone beautiful leaves there XD | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyndy2007
Neophyte
Member # 33635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cyndy2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't say how big you are. I'm little and I hate to wear a bra - can't imagine being constricted like that while sleeping.
Posts: 11 | From: Wisco | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Hey cyndy, this area is for staff and volunteer replies only. See you on the rest of the boards!)

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beauty+FULL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
since wearing underwire bra to sleep is no recommended cos it often constrict the chess area for push up purpose i assume,

--is wearing cotton bra to sleep ok?i mean no underwire and its just rubber band.its abit like tshirt bra actually,soft smooth and comfortable

beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

since wearing underwire bra to sleep is no recommended cos it often constrict the chess area for push up purpose i assume,

--is wearing cotton bra to sleep ok?i mean no underwire and its just rubber band.its abit like tshirt bra actually,soft smooth and comfortable

beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

sorry ,i never realise i double post,im having internet connection problem.doesnt mean to bump my old post,my apology.
mods/admin feel free to delete one of my post that i double posted since i aware that might add to the board bandwidth.sorry again

beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

Is wearing cotton bra,non-underwire bra to sleep @ night is ok?
Also is it adviseable to wear body fitting and posture support corset and full support bra to sleep?

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If something is comfortable for you, then it's likely fine to wear to sleep in. It's not dangerous to do so. So if you are comfortable in a given garment, it's probably fine to sleep in.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

So is that means wearing even body fitting and underwire corset+bra wont directly contribute to break cancer nor increase the risk?
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I may jump in, like Sarah Liz said, sleeping in a bra is a personal choice but would not put you at risk for cancer (unless it's radioactive or what not, which would be very extremely unlikely! [Wink] )
Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beauty+FULL
Activist
Member # 42465

hmm thanks for clearing my mind a bit.I wana wear by corsetto sleep but scared that by doing so I directly contribute to increased breast canser ...

Apart from that,why do u guys think of breast enchancing serum?The likes that promises firming,lifting and anti-ageing for breast..
Is it effective?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.