Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » no sleep?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: no sleep?!
starrbaby
Activist
Member # 39673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starrbaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay ever since i last had sex with my boyfriend ive been unable to sleep straight thru the night. i wake up every two hours for no reason. at first i thought it was becuase i thought my birth control didnt work [but we also used a condom]. i think it might be because i went behind my mothers back and had sex when she trusted me not to. but im not sure. does anyone know any reason why? this same feeling came the last time we had sex over the summer.
Posts: 41 | From: US | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
There could be a lot of reasons for those sleep problems, if that has been going on for some time now, I'd suggest you bring this up with your doctor.

Do you have problems falling asleep as well in addition to waking up multiple times during the night ?

When you say you wake up every two hours, is it because you're having nightmares ? What's going on in your head, how do you feel when you wake up during the night ?

How is your sleep schedule like ? How many hours do you usually sleep per night ? Around what time do you usually go to bed at night ? At what time do you usually wake up in the morning ? Is your sleep schedule pretty steady ?

Sounds like you could probably benefit too from having a talk with your mom about you being sexually active, if this is a cause for concern for you.

[ 02-18-2009, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starrbaby
Activist
Member # 39673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starrbaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its not an ongoing problem, it just happnes every once in a while...the first time when i lost my virginity and i didnt use a condom [i was on birth control], the second idr what happend to make it happen and now because i had sex on valentines day [we used a condom and i am still on birth contorl]

my mom thinks its anxiety.

i have no problem falling asleep just staying asleep. im not having any nightmares i just randomly wake up refreshed like i was never sleep in the first place. sometimes i may end up shakey with wierd thoughts in my head [family memeber dying, me being pregnant]. i usualy use the bathroom [#2] when i get up.

i go to sleep on week days between 11-11:30pm and wake up at 7:10.
weekends i fall asleep whenever.

my mother knows i am sexualy active.

[ 02-19-2009, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: starrbaby ]

Posts: 41 | From: US | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes life can have the tendency to get in the way of our sleeping comfortably. Some general things you can try as per the physical end is emptying your bladder and bowels before going to bed, listening to soft music while you drift off, and making sure you're not eating too close to bedtime. Also, have to tried meditating or yoga before climbing into bed, if it's something on your mind that doesn't let you get a restful night sleep, these attempts to clear our mind before bed can be helpful. It's possible you're having a dream that wakes you, and while you don't remember th dream the reasons behind it are still in your mind.

On a side note, it definately sounds like your feeling a lot of negatives after sex. If you're waking up worried about pregnancy, despite using two reliabe birth control methods, it might be a good time to really ask yourself if you're ready for the types of sex that pose a risk for pregnancy. This is also something you might want to have a sit down with your boyfriend about.

Additionally, if you're worried about having had sex when your mother "trusted you not to" is this something that you feel you might be able to talk about with her? I'm not sure what she may have said to you to give this impression, but it's obviously something that is bothering you. Perhaps talking to her about this would assist you in letting go of some of that weight you're carrying on your back in keeping this secret.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.