Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Advice (Experts Only Please)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Advice (Experts Only Please)
UghSoConfused
Neophyte
Member # 41817

Icon 5 posted      Profile for UghSoConfused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I was looking for some advice. I like this girl at school but I found the day I was going to ask her out she told me she was moving schools (but staying in the same city). The moving is completely her idea, we go to a magnet school so I was hoping I could convience her to stay but I doubted it. I panicked and ended up not asking her that day. She is leaving exactly two weeks from today (the sixth of janurary). Today after school she seemed in a bit of a hurry but I knew I didnt have time to spare and I asked her to the movies. She said yes but that she couldn't go this weekend because she was going to her fathers house, I asked about next week and she said yes. She nver made eye contact and walked away quickly after our goodbye which worried me a bit should I be worried? I didn't realize until later that if we do go to the movies and dinner the weekend after this one she only has two days of school. I wanted to ask her out after a movie and dinner but with the time shortage im not really sure how to approach the situation. Any advice? Should I ask her to go out with me this week? Or stick with next my plan of asking her out two days before she moves schools at dinner?
Posts: 2 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, you have a date with her already. Why not slow down a little bit, take some time to look forward to that and just see how it goes. There's no need to rush right into an exclusive relationship, especially since you haven't had a single date yet. Enjoy the movie together, get to know each other a little better over dinner, see if you actually want a second date.

If you're both having a good time then odds are you'll find a way to make a relationship work. If your first date doesn't work out for whatever reason, it will be much easier to get past that if you haven't spent two weeks obsessing about the next step. Try to relax and just enjoy the upcoming date.

--------------------
I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives but as nouns. --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.