Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » What is the risk if he...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is the risk if he...
XSugarXhookerX
Activist
Member # 39707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XSugarXhookerX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He started to put the condom on but then he put it the wrong way, then turn it over the way your suposed to put it on.
So the part that would go inside me touched the tip of his penis.

What is the risk?

Posts: 77 | From: Lovers lane | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The risk depends on a number of factors. If the condom touched any pre-ejaculate, there is a risk here. It's hard to know whether or not there was any pre-ejaculate present at the time, so we have to assume there is a small risk present here. It's recommended that you throw away a condom if this happens, to prevent any risk.
In any case, if you would like to reduce your risk, you can get Emergency Contraception if this happened in the last 120 hours (5 days). If not, you can take a pregnancy test 10-14 days from the risk.

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XSugarXhookerX
Activist
Member # 39707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XSugarXhookerX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was 6 days ago. so it's to late to take emergency contraception.

So there is a small risk? and I'm not sure if there was pre-ejaculate present.

but thanks for the help.

Oh and I am gonna start Birth control soon also.
My gardian is taking me to a planned parenthood center. So since there is a small rick here Can I not start it till I'm sure I'm not?

[ 11-09-2008, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: XSugarXhookerX ]

Posts: 77 | From: Lovers lane | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You shouldn't start on birth control if you're pregnant, but I would tell the doctor (or nurse) you see at planned parenthood. They will let you know if you should start the pill right away (since the risk is so small), wait until your next period (common for starting on the pill anyway) or take a test. That's what they're there for! [Smile]

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XSugarXhookerX
Activist
Member # 39707

My period should come in about 3 weeks, I just had it a bit ago.
So in about a week I can take a test.

So it's a very small risk?

I'mma gonna go to the Planned parenthood in about a week or two.

XSugarXhookerX
Activist
Member # 39707

Sorry to Re-post but I haven't gotten a reply.

How small is the risk?

Like very small or just small?

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry that you had to wait.

Given your situation, I'd basically consider your risk the same as I would for using withdrawal with perfect use. In other words, you may or may not have been exposed to some pre-ejaculate, but that was it.

And that is a small risk when it comes to pregnancy. The risk of sexually transmitted infections may also have been present.

As well, just so you (and he) know for the future, if that happens again, you just want to toss that condom and start over with a brand-new one. If condoms are what the two of you use, are you both always sure to each (not just him, not just you) have at least a few on hand?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XSugarXhookerX
Activist
Member # 39707

Ok thanks so much.

And no, he usually has one and I don't really ever have them, he usually does.

but yea I know I should have a few but I never have money to buy them, and same with him.

but thanks for the reply.

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are actually a lot of ways to get condoms for free.

For instance, if you go to any Planned Parenthood branch, or any other kinds of sexual/reproductive health clinic, condoms are nearly always available for free: you can just fill your pockets as much as you like.

It really is great for BOTH partners using condoms to always have them, rather than just one. relying on only one partner to take care of safer sex and birth control not only can leave you at more risks, but it also is something that can make sexual relationships feel less balanced and shared.

Can I also ask, if you two don't have money for condoms, if you do feel prepared and able to have money to deal with an unplanned pregnancy or treatment for an infection? Do you have a plan for those possible consequences of sex, given the lack of cash? If not -- and considering that right now, even having condoms is so tough -- are you feeling like this is a sound time for you to be sexually active?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XSugarXhookerX
Activist
Member # 39707

Like I live with my gramma and she would give me hundreds of dallors to buy condoms except for te fact that she thinks I'm to young.
But hse is taking me to get birth control( at a planned parenthood)but because my periods are irregualar and she doesn't know I'm having sex.

And I would be able to suport a baby IF I do have an unexpected pregnancy but, I wouldn't get an abortion either. and I don't want my kid to go through what I did no dad.

XSugarXhookerX
Activist
Member # 39707

And also you said that you considered it as perfect use with withdrawl.

And as I have read around that withdrawl is highly inefective. So how much of a chance that I am pregnant?

Heather
Member # 3

Withdrawal does have a pretty high failure rate for TYPICAL use.

In other words, the way most people tend to use it, which means men not withdrawing in time before ejaculating, or not withdrawaing at all. In perfect use, it's around 96% effective. That is certainly lower than with the pill or most other methods, but also not at all ineffective.

Basically, you used the pill and even if we rule out the condom use at all and consider you using the pill and withdrawal, if both were used perfectly 9and it sounds like they were), then we can say your risk of pregnancy was around 2%. If we factor in condoms in typical use (in other words, you did have a break), that bumps it up closer to 1%.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

XSugarXhookerX
Activist
Member # 39707

I didn't use the pill, I plan on starting.

So ok, my risk is 2%?

Heather
Member # 3

I'm so sorry, I had you confused with another question I had just answered.

That given, it seems the highest risk you probably had was around 4%.

But really, at this point, these numbers are not going to do much for you, since all you can do now is just wait this out.

In terms of the money situation for condoms, since you are saying you would have the money to support a child, I'd suggest using THAT money, wherever that is coming from, to do what you can to prevent a pregnancy one or both of you does not want or are not ready for. And if you are going to Planned Parenthood together to see about a hormonal method like the pill for you, and you'll be managing that, then he can certainly do his part (which is much cheaper and easier in many respects) by getting lots of condoms wile he is there and being sure to always have them on hand. You can also get an extra stash for yourself while you're there as well.

Just one more FYI, if you two are making an appointment at PP for you, it'd be ideal for you BOTH to also make one for a round of testing for each of you for sexually transmitted infections, which is even more important if you figure that in time, you may no longer use condoms should you start a hormonal method.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

XSugarXhookerX
Activist
Member # 39707

It's ok.

ok that sounds like a very small chacne of me being pregnant. so that's good. and my friend is gonna get me a test in a couple days also. Because It's been eight days since I had sex.

and my boyfriend is getting a job so we'll be able to get alot more condoms. I'll make sure to get tested also.

So thank you SOOO much for all your help.

Heather
Member # 3

...and make sure he also gets tested. It's really important that both partners get their testing, not just one.

And you're very welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

XSugarXhookerX
Activist
Member # 39707

Ofcourse I would find it kind of pointless to have one person tested on not the other one. lol

=]

XSugarXhookerX
Activist
Member # 39707

Sorry computer messed up. It reposted the same thing.

[ 11-11-2008, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: XSugarXhookerX ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.