Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » DIANE 35- Is it really a contraceptive pill or an acne prob.pill?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DIANE 35- Is it really a contraceptive pill or an acne prob.pill?
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello there!
well in my last post i was concerned that i
wasnt getting my period. Thanks God i got it
after i took a pregnancy test, that helped me a lot
to relax when i saw it came out negative.
so yeah, well my period came so then i had
to go on birth control. I also comented on past posts that before i was on Yaz (Yazmin) which i solemnly loved! then i went off my BC for a month, and this month, i went on it again but this time i switched brands to Diane 35 (the reason is cause im in a new country and i wasnt able to find the brand my doctor prescribed to me
before) so i began takin Diane 35 but the most i reserch about this pill the more i am worried.

Ive read this pill SHOULDNT be used as a contraceptive method alone. cause it is not that effective that its main purpose is to fight acne.

that in Canada wasnt either approved as a a contraceptive method.

in a few words, it is for acne problems not really contraception.

Now my concern here is, i dont have an acne problem and i need to take BC to work as a contraceptive.

i just really need to hear another opinion about Diane 35, cause ive heard so many negative stuff about this brand that i dont know if i should stop taking it. More cause this is a cyproterone acetate and ethynylestradiol pill which is mainly for skin problems. What do i do ?

i hope you can help me out and sorry if this is a bit too long [Frown]

ive been on it for 9 days now.

--------------------
peace

Posts: 68 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's not true; the progestin used in Diane 35/Dianette is an effective contraceptive. MANY OC's are also prescribed to treat acne; these are just beneficial side effects. Birth control pills' primary purpose is to prevent pregnancy, point blank. The Yasmin you took, in fact, is one such example, and is often prescribed by dermatologists to acne patients, but it's still birth control.

You're safe with them. [Smile]

[ 11-01-2008, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
aaaaah thank you so much Lauren!
im so relief !
this is the only website i can fully trust
you guys are awesome ! [Razz]

thank you!!!!

--------------------
peace

Posts: 68 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.