Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Help (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Help
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(smokey, while we appreciate your input and help on the boards, this is the staff only reply area. Feel free to contribute in the other sections!)

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderingwonderer
Neophyte
Member # 40269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wonderingwonderer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, I suffer from OCD, so anxiety is a tough thing for me [Frown] , I find it real hard to think about things because I play different scenarios in my head over these things, I just cant get it through my mind that she had the a period after the situation, a longer one for that matter, and she had a pregnancy test about a month or a little longer after which came out negative and I felt fine after that, but then she got sick which lasted about 4-5 days, which made me worried again that this might be 'morning sickness'. [Frown] so other scenarios began playing out...
Posts: 27 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
This does sound very tough for you. As Jill mentioned, what kind of help or support are you getting for your OCD and anxiety?

I'll also reiterate what the others have said: it's a good idea to step away from sexual activity for a while to save yourself this kind of worry in the future.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderingwonderer
Neophyte
Member # 40269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wonderingwonderer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you all for the support, no I havent gotten any treatment for the OCD, I just have a couple more questions, Should I trust that the sickness she had was not Morning sickness and not ask her to take another PT?
Posts: 27 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Considering that there wasn't a pregnancy risk in the first place, she's on highly effect birth control and has had periods since then, I think that asking her to take another pregnancy test would be fairly unreasonable. Like it's been stated above, people get sick and throw up and they are not necessarily pregnant.

I encourage you to seek help in managing your OCD. There really isn't anything more we can tell you here, I'm afraid.

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.