Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » changing brands (birth control pills)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: changing brands (birth control pills)
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there !

well, i know you guys have a lot of questions
ppl ask here.
so take your time to reply to me is okay.
i just would like to know one thing.
well, i stopped of my pills two months ago
this month im going to get on it again .
is just that i was using YASMIN and now i couldnt find it so i got DIANE 35.

would both work the same? i read about diane 35 and
it said the dosis of hormones was less than in others. is this bad?

Also, everytime i googled diane 35 a bunch of information came out about acne problems etc.
but it is MEANT to be also a contraceptive right?

okay well. i'll appreciate ur response =)

--------------------
peace

Posts: 68 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused by what you mean with you 'couldn't find' Yasmin. Did your doctor prescribe you a different birth control this time?

Yes, all brands of hormonal birth control are designed to prevent pregnancy. They all have slightly different concentrations of the different hormones, but they all work to prevent pregnancy.

How you react to this particular combination is going to be up to your body, though, and we can't really predict that for you.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey there.
My doctor prescribed to me yasmin
but it happens that im in Asia right now
and when i went to the pharmacy they didnt have it. they had diane 35 and some other that i never heard about.

--------------------
peace

Posts: 68 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In that case, I'd suggest that you call your doctor to check back with them if it's okay for you to use a different brand. If they can't help you out due to the distance, I'd make an appointment with a local doctor to get a new prescription. While brands of the pill generally work in pretty much the same way, it's not a good idea to basically prescribe yourself with something new without checking in with your doctor to make sure it's okay for you.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.