Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Ouch!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ouch!
LovinLife
Activist
Member # 39347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovinLife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, hopefully you can give me some ideas on whats going on. I keep getting these tiny cuts on my vagina (near the opening). I am sexually active and we are both negative for STDs. Sex is painful but it isnt like an ache or anything but more of a buring and almost ripping sensation. I am wondering if this is caused by lack of lube. I am usually rather "wet" before we have sex and he, unfortunately, uses spit (Ew:P) for lube on his penis. If he fingers me before hand and goes slow to start then things are all good but for round two thats usually when the pain kicks in, when he is just starting, and then afterwards it is quite painful, also if i pee it burns sooooo bad around the opening of my vagina. Hopefully you can help me out here, thanks.

--------------------
In Love

Posts: 57 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you had any recent sexual healthcare/exams expressly for this issue yet?

If not, that is absolutely the place to start. You first want to rule out that you don't have an infection right now which needs treatment. Even if you two have been tested once for all STIs before, if you haven't had an exam and screening very recently, either an STI or another kind of genital infection -- even yeast infections can cause the symptoms you're describing -- could be the culprit now.

If you have, and your doc sees nothing, then the first thing I'd suggest is adding a bonafide lubricant. Plenty of women start out well-lubricated at the onset of intercourse, but then get a bit drier in the course of it, at which point you do want to add a good lube, which saliva really isn't.

[ 08-11-2008, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovinLife
Activist
Member # 39347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovinLife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, thanks, i have been tested recently as well as my boyfriend and we are clean for STIs. A yeast infection...never thought about that one. Could you explain more please?? And also i had a bladder infection which is completely cleared up now so ya dont know if that makes a difference. Thanks

--------------------
In Love

Posts: 57 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Here, why not take a look at this article on yeast infection and come back if you have more questions after reading it ?

FBI files: Yeast infection

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovinLife
Activist
Member # 39347

Thanks [Smile]

--------------------
In Love

LovinLife
Activist
Member # 39347

I have had thick discharge for a long time but nothing else, i am fairly sure that it is because of me being on the pill.

--------------------
In Love

diamonds4lucy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamonds4lucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The pill (and other forms of hormonal birth control) can most definitely alter your natural discharge.

Like Heather said, an appointment with a doctor and some lube are definitely some steps to take when it comes to addressing this.

--------------------
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams.

Help Support Scarleteen!

Posts: 446 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.