Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Coital headaches

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coital headaches
kandie
Activist
Member # 7542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kandie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been experiencing Pre Orgasmic headaches or Coital headaches and I was wondering if anyone had advice on how to deal with them. They are very painful and very inconvient.

--------------------
~*KaNdIe*~:)

Posts: 79 | From: CaNaDa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamonds4lucy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamonds4lucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there, Kandie-

Are these headaches that can be relieved by having an orgasm? If so, well, that's one thing I'd recommend (hardly a chore!).

Another thing you could try is simply taking an OTC headache reliever or some ibuprofen.

--------------------
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams.

Help Support Scarleteen!

Posts: 446 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kandie
Activist
Member # 7542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kandie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No they get worse if I let myself orgasm it's extremely painful, I have tryed ibuprofen it doesn't work. I had a CT scan and a spinal tap aswell and it showed nothing. I know it's directly linked to sex.. because they headaches come right before you have the BIG O and WORSE AFTER.

--------------------

Posts: 79 | From: CaNaDa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey kandie, how long ago was this spinal tap?

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kandie
Activist
Member # 7542

Yesterday morning.

--------------------

orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you are having severe headaches? You need to get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible then. If you can't get in touch with your doctor, then you need to get immediate attention from your local emergency medical department. I would hope that the doctor who performed the spinal tap had given you information on what to do if you experience something like headaches. But that's an issue to bring up later; right now, you need to get seen by a doctor.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kandie
Activist
Member # 7542

They are severe, the worse I have ever had in my life. The Spinal Tap showed no serious problems no free fluid around my brain or anything like that and I do have to see a neuroligist at the end of the month, but one doctor had said it could be pre orgasmic and that I shouldn't have sex which is well awful. Thats why I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and could maybe shed a little light on to how they cope with it. [Smile]

--------------------

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By sending you to a neurologist they’re making sure that A - there’s not another environmental cause that’s triggering them, and B – the headaches are your typical run of the mill headaches.

What you may find is that rather than just being classed as coital headaches, there could be a diagnosis of coital migraines – where the migraine is the problem and sex is actually acting as a trigger. Some people find that different positions or types of sex bring about the headaches more often than others or to a worse degree. Additionally taking an over the counter pain medication a few hours before sex can prevent the onset of the headaches in some people. Migraine sufferers however usually take their migraine medication a few hours before. If orgasm makes them so much worse, having sex without orgasm may also be an option.

If the headache has already begun, the treatment is usually just like that for any other headache - over the counter medications, cold compresses, and lying in a quiet dark room can help the headache to ease. The best person for you to ask about this is your doctor. I’m sure he/she will understand that not having sex may not be an option you may wish to take and could possibly pose some other ideas as to prevention and care – but the doctor may also say that until you meet with the neurologist they feel it’s best to hold off on sex, and if after speaking with them that’s the case there’s probably a reason. Why not give your doctor a call and see what they think.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.