Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » pre ejaculate through clothes? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: pre ejaculate through clothes?
hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hockeykid123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I once again am very stressed, i was at my girlfriends house yesterday and we watched a movie, she may have once again touched a damp spot, but this time i had boxers athletic shorts and regular brown kahki shorts on, yet i still produces enough pre ejaculate to penatrate from what i know of. If she touched the spot it would have been about 5 min after that that she touched herself. She actually says she was just scratching above her vagina b.c hair was growing back but i think she was lying. Later she washed her hands with dish soap and then touched her vagina b.c she doesnt like how it feels when she is "wet". Then she did the same a little later and dont recal her touching me. but worse case lets say she did. What are the chances of her falling pregnant. She was on the 5th day of her cycle, which was actually the last night of her period so she had a tampon in, would that lessen the chances any? and also she takes camila birth control which is a progetrerons only pill, but she is on a antibiotic which could possibly lessen the effectiveness of the pill. I just wish i could get over my worries, but i move the day after her period should be here and dont want to freak out if she is late due to the pill (which is a side effect of progeterone only pills) her antibiotic is prescribed by the dermotologist and starts with doxy or something like that. also, since the vagina is normally acidic and kills sperm , is it also a hostile place to sperm during her period? of and btw i had ejaculated the night before (about 24 hours before) and had urinated several times since
Posts: 32 | From: SC | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hon, you're worrying over nothing. Really.

The fe sperm which may be present in pre-ejaculate (though since you urinated before, it's not even likely there were any) cannot create a pregnancy through layers of fabric. As well, your partner is using a minipill.

If you keep finding yourself stressed out about this stuff, you have some options. You can get more educated about reproduction and actual risks, and/or you can step back from any kind of sexual contact until you both feel better about it.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hockeykid123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, i know the chances are small and all, but like i said, i am just scared i wil be that one in a million that this happens to. Would the fact she had a tampon in help any or is that pretty much useless
Posts: 32 | From: SC | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wouldn't even make a difference because there would have been nothing to even come in contact with her tampon.

But for future reference, no, tampons are not a form of birth control.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

ok thank you so much, and one more question, lets say that i had not had clothes on, what are the chances of pregnancy if your hands dont feel "wet" but mybe moist almost like when your hands sweat, the only reaosn i dont trust her mini pill is because she is on the antibiotic, i feel im scared to be around her lately b.c i dont want to do anything to ruin our future college education
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To create a viable pregnancy risk via manual sex, you or your partner would need to touch her genitals with a load of fresh semen on you/her hands. Needless to say, that's not just going to feel 'moist.'

If you're having doubts about the effectiveness of her pill, she can always call the doctor to confirm if there will be interactions from the antibiotics. Other than that, you just may want to abstain from any potentially risky activities until her medication is done, if it is making you so paranoid.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

well maybe I should have never looked online b.c everything seems to say that there is a chances of pregnancy due to fingering with pre ejaculatory fluids on your hand, even just under your fingernails. Has there been any recent studies that prove that there is no sperm in pre ejaculate if you have urinated since your last ejaculation b.c my sex ed teacher in 10th grade told me that there would be sperm in your pre ejaculate for the 72 hours following your last ejaculation
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By all means, the internet can be a great resource for much information, but I'd highly doubt a website which tells you the smallest amount of pre-ejaculate under your fingernail will give you a viable pregnancy risk. (Part of the reason I despise Yahoo! Answers very, very much.)

Urination typically does kill off most sperm that would be in your urethra after ejaculation. I don't know of any direct studies to link you to, but I feel very confident in saying that your girlfriend has not had a viable pregnancy risk here. Pre-ejaculate just cannot create a pregnancy through that many layers of clothes, (even making a possible trip to a hand) especially when you had urinated so many times after your last ejaculation. Really.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

so your saying you could basically ejaculate in your hands, wipe them off, then wait a few min and finger a girl and have no worries as long as there wasnt really a clump of semen on your hands. I just feel that if any sprem make it in the vagina there could be that one super hero sperm that just swims into the egg with ease. Turns out my girlfriend says she hasnt taken any antibiotics since she started the pill last month. I guess i dont know if its working b.c it says period will be irregular or you may not have them on the package for camila and her last one came dead on 28 days. I'm kinda worried it will just no come and ill have to worry about her being pregnant while im off at college. like i said she is supposed to get it the day before i move in and i will freak if she doesnt get it and we have had a pregnancy risk.
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

To create a viable risk through manual sex, you would need a bunch of fresh semen on your finger and rub it on her vagina/vulva. When you wipe your hands off really well, or wash them, and then wait a few minutes on top of that, you've essentially eliminated your risk of pregnancy via manual sex.

If she has not taken any antibiotics this cycle, and also took all of her birth control pills on time as directed, pregnancy is absolutely not a worry here. The company may include possible symptoms of taking the pill-- which sometimes does include missing periods or having them irregularly for a few cycles-- but if those things do not happen, it doesn't mean she is more prone to pregnancy. It's more likely that her body is reacting well with the pills.

I'd really try to stop worrying about this if I were you.

[ 07-27-2008, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Horizon ]

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

i know i need to stop worrying but i mean it just bugs me alot to know that she might be, even though i havent had my clothes off around her at all. It's almost like im scared to be around her. I just keep thinking what if and all, but i mean it freaks me out b.c last night she had a dream she was pregnant, and she is always the one telling me that shes not pregnant and there is nothing to worry about and im so immature for worry about that. I just wonder if having a dream your pregnant is kinda like your body telling you you are, like some woman say they just know they are
hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

Oh and what makes it so unlikely (or is it imposible?) that she is pregnant. Is it that i never had my clothes of (and if so why does that make such a big difference if sperm can easily swim through it?) or would pre ejcaulate straight from penis to hand to vagina also be just as unlikely to get her pregnant?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm cannot get through clothing. Unless we're talking about one layer of a really thin cloth (like lace) that is being directly ejaculated onto, sperm cannot get through clothing.

Also, you're not going to create a pregnancy risk by having pre-ejaculate on your hand, wiping it off, waiting a little while, and then touching your partner's vagina. The only way you can have a pregnancy risk here is if you ejaculate directly on your hand and then introduced that fresh ejaculate right into the vagina. Otherwise, not likely at all. Sperm aren't that hardy.

So, basically, it's a combination of both things here, the fact that you were fully dressed, and the way that transferring semen in the way you described really isn't possible.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

why would you say it cant get trhough clothing when if you hold any fabric up to a light you can see tiny holes in the fabric , i thing sperm could get through those holes, and plus it was wet on the outside, so i know something got through
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Sperm need fluid to help them move through to the vagina, and they cannot individually get through those little holes in the fabric in that way.

Even if your clothes were damp on the outside, really, we're trying to tell you there is not a viable pregnancy risk presented when that very small amount of pre-ejaculate comes in contact with someone's hand, is wiped away, and then possibly contacts the vagina. Not to mention, your partner is on the pill. If you absolutely cannot stop worrying, there is no harm in asking your girlfriend to take a pregnancy test once it has been at least 10-14 days after this occurrence.

(And just FYI, a woman can dream about being pregnant, but that really doesn't have any basis in reality, usually. In fact, if you subscribe to dream interpretation and things of the like, dreaming of pregnancy is often interpreted as a symbol of the birth of a new aspect of yourself.)

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

so even if i was to fully ejcaulte with compression shorts, boxers and athletic shorts on, There would be no chance of pregnancy if she touched a damp spot on my shorts? B.c now im not sure if i had a wet dream or if my pre ejaculate had dried white on my black compression shorts
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. Sperm isn't going to get through clothing, but even if it did, it's not likely at all that your partner got pregnant from touching a damp spot and then touching herself. There's no reason to worry about pregnancy risks here.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

Well i guess i feel much safer, she begged me to finger her tonight so i told her only if i use a latex glove, suprisingly she said ok and now im just feeling kinda bad. I mean today she took her pill at 12:30 and got a migran (well a sever headech and threw up) at about 3:30ish, now im wondering if her pill had already been disolved. Idk is using a latex glove a 100% safe sex act, because the internet said not sexual act is 100% safe. and would a pill have been dissolved and absorbed by 3:30?
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, unless you were touching yourself and then her, there was no pregnancy risk from the manual sex today. The glove helps protect against infections and scratches and generally feels a lot better. With manual sex, generally you won't have much of a pregnancy risk unless you were scooping up precum and/or fresh ejaculate and smearing it right in her genitals.

And yep, 3 hours is enough time for the pill to be metabolized.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

well actually, before i put the glove on i was giving her a back rub with some baby oil stuff, i never actually took my clothes off, but even if i touched pre cum, would babay oil be a good liqud for sperm since my fingers were kinda oily when i put the glvoe on
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

If you never took your clothes off, I don't see how you'd have gotten in contact with any pre-cum to begin with.

But just for future reference: No, baby oil would not be a good place for sperm to be in. They're very picky about the environments that keep them alive, and baby oil isn't one of those.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

so basiaclly, what everyone is saying is that if you have to wonder if the moister was just oily hands, or pre ejaculate, you have nothing to worry about, what if you ahve some on your hands and you dont even pentrated the vagina, such as touching the outer lip then maybe your g/f touched the lip and then inserted her own finger, would that create a risk?
diamonds4lucy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamonds4lucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The scenario of precum or semen being transferred from you hand to your girlfriend's outer labia and then to her vagina from her outer labia by her hand is incredibly unlikely to occur. Unless we're talking about a noticeable amount of semen being intentionally moved around here very quickly, there's no pregnancy risk from this scenario.

--------------------
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams.

Help Support Scarleteen!

Posts: 446 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

well, she was supposed to get her period today, and it hasnt come yet, im beginning to worry
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Once she's late for her period, she can take a pregnancy test and get accurate results, so she can do that now if you two are really worrying.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

well what if its not her first morning urine? today is the day after when she should have goten her period but she has already gone to the bathroom b,c she couldnt sleep last niht at all b.c he said shes going to miss me b.c i am moving for college today. I know stress can delay periods, but i really want an accurate pregnancy test. shes going to take one tomorrow morning with first mornin urine, but untill then if i have her take one today will it be accurate if she hasnt peed in like 2 hours of so?
(ps she says she isnt worried about pregnancy b.c i never touched her vagina directly, only with latex glove on did i ever finger her and she touched herself but she never touched my penis directly, only on top of clothes)

ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since her period is late, she can take the test at any time and it should give accurate results. If she wants, she can retest again tomorrow, first thing, to verify the results of today.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

well her period came monday i think, and now it ended today or last night, once again normal, so you guys were right, but today once again she got naked and got on me. I was laying on my stomach typing on my laptop and didnt think much of it, but then I pushed her off of my and rolled over and went to pick her up, i noticed a damp spot so i was concentrating on not letting her hands touch that spot, but turns out that when i went to pick her up she kinda sat on my lap and i dont know if her vagina touched the damp spot, her period ended today as i said, so its alot like before only her vagina might have actually touched the damp spot and she no longer takes the pill b.c it was causing migrans, i once again ejaculated like 36-48 hours before and had urinated since then but still am worried, worst case is ther a chance or what are the chances of pregnancy
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Have you asked her if she recalls her genitals making contact with yours? And if i'm reading this right, were you wearing clothing?

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

yes, i had boxers and shorts on, so there was no skin to skin, just a possible damp spot on my shorts comming in contact with her outer vagina, i think its her 5th or 6th day or her cycle if that helps any
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

As we've told you before, sperm cannot permeate clothing, unless it's really thin, like lace. The fluid that sperm survives in can soak through, but the sperm themselves cannot. The only time you might have a risk would be if you ejaculated on one layer of fabric that was right over her vulva, and sat around and waited for it to soak through. It's kind of like straining something. Since I just woke up, lets do coffee. The coffee filter is like clothing. The grounds are the sperm, and the water is the semen. What ends up in the pot is just the liquid. None of the solids get through.

Does your girlfriend know how much these situations worry you? Perhaps it would be good to sit down and have a talk about boundaries, or holding off on certain things until you are more comfortable dealing with the possible consequences.

[ 08-23-2008, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: ASargent42 ]

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

so your 100% sure there is nothing to worry about?
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

From this situation, yes. There was no pregnancy risk from what you've most recently described.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

hockeykid123
Neophyte
Member # 39474

well why does this website say is pre ejaculate get through clothing and comes into contact with a vagina a girl has a sliht chance of becoming pregnant
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because we can't specify every single piece of clothing, so we err on the side of caution. For example, if the "clothing" in question were to be a some thin lace panties and nothing else, then there could potentially be some risk. We simply cannot go through every single piece of clothing or combination thereof and list whether or not there would be a risk, it's just not feasible to do so. Make sense?

However, in your situation, there were certainly more than enough layers of clothing to prevent anything from getting through. So there is no pregnancy risk here.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.