Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » pill failed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pill failed?
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 11 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello there!
havent been here for a while !
i send you all a warm greeting lettng you know
that since the last time i was here, your advices
helped me a lot to be more protected.

i went on the pill. im on it for over 6 months now or something like that.

i stopped using it in dec. cause i had to move out of the city and i saw no need if i wasn't going to have intercourse wth my bf anymore.

but hey, my bf is here now with me. bfore he came to visit me i went on the pill again,

so when he finally arrived i was about to finish my first packet. Now , on monday i finished my sec. packet but im worried, really worried.

cause hvent got my periods and i need to start my third packet on monday. i know that you must get ur period in these seven days before you start ur new packet.

is it normal i havent got it yet? is thursday already.

i will appreciate ur response
thank you so much!

--------------------
peace

Posts: 68 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Starting and stopping hormonal birth control can do quite a number on your body. One of the most common side-effects of that is a wierd menstrual cycle - periods that show up early or late, or look different.

As long as you'd finished the first packet by the time you had sex with your boyfriend (and as long as you took all the pills in it as directed), you were protected from pregnancy.

The missed withdrawal bleeds are most likely due to starting and stopping BC so quickly. However, if this is your second withdrawal bleed on a row that you're just skipping alltogether, I'd check back with your gyn, just to be safe.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does it matter if i started one day late my
pills ?

Like, i went on a full cycle the first month, i had my period everything was fine. so if i finished that packet on monday, i had 7 days to have my period and start the new packet exactly on monday again.

Should i be concerned if instead of starting on monday i started on tuesday and went on normaly without missing any pill?

*****you know u finish ur packet lets say on monday
so ur next packet starts also on monday.

what if i started it on tuesday?

--------------------
peace

Posts: 68 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then you basically missed a day. Extending the placebo period by starting the next pack late *can* decrease your pill's effectiveness.

If that ever happens again, what you'd want to do is take both Monday and Tuesday's pill on Tuesday.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ah [Frown]
ok thank you !!!

--------------------
peace

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.