Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Virgins, pre-cum, pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Virgins, pre-cum, pregnant?
Alfonso
Neophyte
Member # 39364

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Alfonso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and I are both virgins, and her hymen is still intact. The other day we were both naked and she was on top of me. For a few moments my penis and her vagina touched. I didn't penetrate her or brake her hymen, it was only a light rubbing. There was pre-cum on my penis head, but I hadn't actually ejaculated for a few days. In addition, since my last ejaculation (which was a wet dream) I had gone pee several times. I know stuff like this is always a risk for pregnancy, but given our history and circumstance what is the risk that she may be pregnant? Any advice would help. I'm really paranoid.
Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, first of all, understand that a hymen is not a barrier for semen. Her hymen, even if your girlfriend has never had an kind of penetrative sex, is likely to have worn away to some extent, simply through things like menstruation and general activity. Hymens don't break all at once (unless we're talking very forceful insertion or some type of injury). For the most part, they wear away over time and for many women, there'll be very little of it left by the time they start having penetrative sex. And even if it was still mostly intact, it has no impact on whether or not she could get pregnant with genital contact.

If you had direct genital contact, and pre-cum was present, then you may have had a small pregnancy risk. You have also had a risk of STI transmission.

So. Your risk was very small, but if you absolutely cannot deal with having had a risk, then you may want to consider obtaining EC (which can be effective for up to 120 hours). You'll also want to schedule STI screens for the both of you. If you are both new to any sort of sexual contact then your risks for having an STI are low, but there are infections that can also be transmitted in other ways, so you'll want to get into the habit of taking charge of your sexual health. It's a good habit to be in. [Smile]

And next time? Just make sure you have some condoms handy. These articles should help you there:
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
Condom Basics: A User's Manual

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alfonso
Neophyte
Member # 39364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alfonso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. I was wondering how much urination and time since last ejaculation affect the amount of sperm in pre-cum?
Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Theoretically, both urination and time passed since the last ejaculation should decrease the risk of sperm being present in pre-ejaculate. I really cannot give you any real specifics on how much, but it's best to play it safe side and use a barrier when any pre-ejaculate or semen is present.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.