Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Sex, Hymen's.. blahblahblah.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex, Hymen's.. blahblahblah.
Milana_xx
Neophyte
Member # 38794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milana_xx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I was drawn to this site through Google, and I was hoping that Google would provide me with some answers as to losing virginity and breaking hymen, all that good stuff. It was brought to my attention in other topics that I've read on this site, that the hymen is just a piece of skin that can be worn out through strenuous activity, or just not be there because of other activities, or accidental penetration, and that it is merely a piece of skin covering the opening to the vagina. I've even looked at pictures, and I understand this.

Yesterday, I had an encounter with a guy friend of mines, and there was insertion. No biggie. Technically, that is called losing your virginity, because up until that point, I was never penetrated unless I decided to use my fingers. That is losing your virginity, correct? I think so, but either way, that is not the point.

I've had some trouble looking up and understanding a certain piece of muscle that is inside the vagina, so that I can get some insight as to what I'm touching when I finger myself, and how in the world this guy friend of mines said "he didn't pop my cherry," because he still felt something. To clarify, I did not bleed like some people said they've bled. I've felt that something on numerous occasions, and to be honest, I don't think it's my hymen, but something else. I've already cleared it with myself that I didn't have a hymen, which is probably possible to the fact that I am a flexible girl and I am very active in sports, and on numerous occasions I have fallen on something hard and hurt my poor vajayjay, lol.

But back to the question at hand. Is it possible that the thing I feel is still the cherry? Or could it be something else? Like the g-spot? I'm not even sure about that bit of information, because the thing that I touch is like a wall.

--------------------
It's magical♥

Posts: 6 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Understand that virginity is really more of a social term than anything. It's so subjective and has no real meaning within the medical community. What your idea of "losing your virginity" is may totally differ from someone else's concept. For example, one person may define losing virginity as having intercourse, and someone else may define it as manual sex. So at Scarleteen, we don't have a set definition of virginity.

Also, understand that there is no fruit inside your vagina. If you open a medical text book, there will not be a diagram of the "cherry" inside. [Smile] "Popping cherries" refers to having sexual intercourse for the first time, (to most people) and the proverbial cherry is not a body part.

When you insert your fingers into the vagina, you probably are feeling a wall; the vaginal wall, and the vagina is a muscle. But certainly, it's not a cherry. Or apple. Or strawberry. [Smile]

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milana_xx
Neophyte
Member # 38794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milana_xx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really do thank you for the reply.
But I'm still not quite clear, isn't the wall to your vagina about 6 or so inches up? And is it normal to have some sort of blockage? Because that's what it feels like. It feels as though he could have continued to insert himself, but there was just something there preventing him from continuing. Am I making any sense? =/

[ 06-05-2008, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Milana_xx ]

--------------------
It's magical♥

Posts: 6 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milana_xx
Neophyte
Member # 38794

I really do thank you for the reply.
And I do understand the social terms of losing your virginity. Just like some say, "a woman has lost her virginity when she experiences the pleasure of an orgasm."
But I'm still not quite clear, isn't the wall to your vagina about 6 or so inches up? And is it normal to have some sort of blockage? Because that's what it feels like. It feels as though he could have continued to insert himself, but there was just something there preventing him from continuing. Am I making any sense? =/

--------------------
It's magical♥

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe this article will help you sort out what you're feeling:

Pink Parts - Female Sexual Anatomy

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Edit: Whoops, just realized what section I'm in!]

[ 06-05-2008, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Leabug ]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to clarify, the walls of the vagina that I am referring to are not horizontal-- in other words, its not blocking your vagina off like a shut door at the end of a hallway.

Strange example, but imagine a toilet paper tube. If you were to put your fingers inside it, they would probably hit the sides of the tube. In a vagina, those sides are the vaginal walls. The vaginal walls continue up the entire length of the vagina.

At the end of your vagina is your cervix, which is possible to touch. That's the only kind of blockage I can imagine you would run into. However, when you are very aroused and anticipating sexual intercourse, the vagina expands and the cervix pulls up, so insertion should not be blocked off.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.