Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Just to be sure...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just to be sure...
pixeldot
Activist
Member # 16061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pixeldot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I just need some feedback here.

I'm on birth control, have been since July. I'm always really paranoid about pregnancy. The last time I had sex without a condom (but with birth control) was in November. I'm pretty sure I took the pill on time everyday that month, but I don't remember, so I'm not 100%. On the night, we'd already had sex once with a condom then did again a few hours later without one. I'm pretty sure I was doing pretty well with the pill or else I wouldn't have done that, but I just don't remember.

So it's been 4 months since then. My first period after that time was really light, but every period since then has been normal. I've taken a few pregnancy tests, all of which were negative. But I've been peeing alot more than usual and am gaining weight, most of which in my stomach. I haven't had sore breasts or anything else abnormal, just the peeing and bigger stomach.

I don't know, I'm just paranoid. I need another opinion. The clinic I get my birth control from said they wouldn't administer a test unless I miss a period, but I keep reading things online about people getting their period while they're pregnant, and pregnancy tests coming back negative when it shouldnt be and yeah.

I think I'm just scared because I know I'd want an abortion if I was to get pregnant at this point in my life, but I'm terrified of finding out too late in the pregnancy for an abortion. My parents would disown me and stop paying for college if I was pregnant, even if I gave it up for adoption.

Please just tell me something. Anything.

[ 03-28-2008, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: pixeldot ]

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is impossible to have a period or withdrawal bleed, and be pregnant. You have gotten your withdrawal bleed every month since the risk, so there is no way you are pregnant.

The only reason a pregnancy test would come back negative and be a false negative, if it was taken too early. A test taken at least 14 days after the risk would be accurate.

Urinating more often and gaining weight could be signs of anything. Perhaps you are just drinking more than usual, and are eating more due to the stress of worrying. Thats why the only real symptom you can go by for determinign pregnancy is a positive pregnancy test.

You've already taken more than one test, and i'm assuming they were way more than 14 days after your risk. There is no way you are pregnant right now.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pixeldot
Activist
Member # 16061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pixeldot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I've taken a few tests, all were after that first light period after it.

So you don't think the super light period meant anything? I talked to my clinic about it, and they said it was just a normal variation.

The peeing feels like a UTI (I've had one a while ago), but without the discomfort, itching, and burning sensation when I pee.

Posts: 90 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's normal to have some variations in your withdrawal bleed, even if you are on birth control pills. If you do suspect that you have a UTI, I strongly suggest you get in to the doctor and get it treated as soon as possible. Even if it turns out to not be a UTI, it's better to just go and make sure. I used to get them quite frequently so I know how unfun they are.

[ 03-28-2008, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: orca ]

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettsgirl
Neophyte
Member # 37725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettsgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a ? is this were i ask it?
Posts: 2 | From: ? | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettsgirl
Neophyte
Member # 37725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettsgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok my husband is in Iraq and he called today and said his balls hurt like there is no tomorrow can't hardly move and yes we are both sex deprived and i want to know if he could be hurting this bad from not getting the relief he needs sexually he said it has been about 3 weeks sense he has masterbated please help.
Posts: 2 | From: ? | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the future, bettsgirl, just start your own thread.

People can live without pain without masturbating, and it's not like men need to masturbate to release sperm or semen. Neither men nor women need to masturbate to be in sound reproductive health, nor would not having sex or masturbating be a reason for chronic testicular pain. So, if he is having ongoing, strong testicular pain, it's something he'd want to talk to his doctor about. If he can barely move, he needs to see someone pronto.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.