Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » early period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: early period?
BlueEyedBeauty
Activist
Member # 33519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueEyedBeauty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am on Ortho tri low and i just started my light blue pills(last pills before placebo) today. Yesterday, I had experience a very, very light trail of blood and today, I experienced maybe a full light tampon of blood. It is very brown, almost like the color of mud, and like I said not at all heavy. On the 14th of december I was late taking the pill by 7 hours, but I had gotten my period the week of the 23rd. The only pill I missed this cycle was the 30 my first active pill, by 1.5 hours the most. I also started to eat better, because I have gained a few pounds since I moved in with my bf. Could my period be affected by that? Is it possible to have an early period? Will I continue bleed throught my placebo week as well? Do I have a high risk of pregnancy?
Posts: 44 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to investigate what could be going on, are you up-to-date with your annual pelvic exams and your STI screenings?

Are you having any other symptoms?

How long have you been on the pill for?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueEyedBeauty
Activist
Member # 33519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueEyedBeauty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My last STI screening was in August, and I have been on the pill since oct 2006. I don't know what a pelvic exam is, but I did get an exam in march at PP to see how I was responding to the bc. I just had a physical in november and I am due back soon to get my second gardisil vacination. The only other things I can think about, is that for the past few days, not today tho, I have had a headache. I thought it was not drinking enough water tho, and being in a hectic pizza place on fri and sat. I also felt a bit nauseas today, but I dismissed it as paranoia (due to the fact of implantation bleeding) not to mention that I celebrated my dad's bday yesterday, which was a first day since new year's that I ate a lot, plus cake.
Posts: 44 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. Then what I'd do is just not worry about this this time, and for now, chalk it up as a fluke.

However, if it keeps happening the next few cycles, or you get any sort of odd discharges or bleeding mid-cycle, I'd get a new STI screening, particularly if you have a different partner now than you did in August, or if he hasn't kept up with his screenings (one of your last posts a while back mentioned your boyfriend had NOT yet gotten screened).

OR, if these other symptoms right now worsen or hang on, just see your general doctor, and be sure to mention this, as well.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueEyedBeauty
Activist
Member # 33519

I'm still with the same guy, but he has yet to get screened, because he thinks that since he was a virgin, and I only had sex with one other guy protected than he has nothing to worry about, especially since we have had no symptoms. Is there an STI out there that has you bleed mid cycle?
Heather
Member # 3

One thing to know is that most STIs, especially when early on, do NOT visibly show symptoms (and that's even more so for men). So, anyone figuring everything is fine because they have no symptoms is figuring wrong. To know everything is fine, he needs to be screened, and for you to reduce your risks, you really should not be having sex without condoms with him until he does.

(Plus, come on: he should be acting like a grownup here, you know? If he's grownup enough to have sex, he's grownup enough to get tested like the rest of us.)

Some STIs -- and one of the most common, Chlamydia, is one of them -- can cause bleeding mid-cycle, with intercourse, or just at unusual times. So, as one common example, yes, some can sometimes have that symptom.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

BlueEyedBeauty
Activist
Member # 33519

Oh its not that he does not want to, I guess I should take blame for it as well as little education. I have never told him to get an sti screening and just thought we were good.
I know that once I present this info to him he will be okay to get screened.
If I get screened soon, if i have anything it will show up right?

Heather
Member # 3

Well, YOU already got screened last August, based on what you told us, at the time you were saying you were telling him he needed to be screened.

And if he's the only partner you've been with since then, so at this point, unless he's been with other partners in the interim, it sounds like he's the one who needs a screening unless your symptoms keep up, in which case you might want to redo yours, too.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

BlueEyedBeauty
Activist
Member # 33519

Right. I got screened for chylmadia and gnorrehea, because they said that because I donated blood, they Red Cross would notify me if I had HIV/Aids. I told my boyfriend this and I think that he just assumed because I was safe then he was too. I know he hasn't been with anyone else, but with this symptom I am now paranoid I might have it, because I have had brown discharge before except it was exact mid cycle and it was a slight different color than now

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.