Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Trichomonas

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trichomonas
lil_kiwi
Activist
Member # 26749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil_kiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I may have a std, my vagina area was red for a couple days after sex and hurt. Then 2 days later I kept getting white discharge, then I used a pad and it turned green. I later noticed blood in it though and realized I was getting my period. I want to get tested tomorrow but am not sure I can because of my period. If I have this Trichomonas is it curable? Or is it something I will live with for the rest of my life?
Posts: 198 | From: Ca, USA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most STD/STIs are curable (including bacterial and yeast infections), but you need to see a doctor to get it identified and treated as soon as possible. Call the place where you'd go to get tested and find out if you should come iin while you have your period or not.
Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil_kiwi
Activist
Member # 26749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil_kiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm, I went to get tested and they couldn't do the proper test but told me they were going to assume it was clamidia, I think. They gave me some 4 pink pills which I took this morning. I felt sick with them but didn't throw them up and now it's around 9pm here and my period is down to a spotting. What's up with this?
Posts: 198 | From: Ca, USA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil_kiwi
Activist
Member # 26749

Please, can someone tell me what's going on... I am still bleeding, but it's like spotting right now pretty lightly. Is this normal? This happened the 2 and 3rd day of what I thought was a period. Does this mean I did have the std?
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Without knowing what medication they gave you, we can't know if spotting is a normal side effect. Your best bet would be to call the clinic and ask them all your questions. (Personally, I would also ask what makes them assume that it's chlamydia, and how they can be certain without tests. I find it a little strange that they just assumed that's what it is, and gave you something to treat it.)

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.