Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » weird period ??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: weird period ??
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday, when I went to the bathroom I noticed some blood on the toilet paper, mostly just some spotting. I thought it was the beginning of my period since I was expecting it and I also had cramps.

But I noticed small chunk (about 2) of what looked like uterine lining although more pinkish, less red that the one I usually notice during my period.

So I put on a pad but thing is, what worries me, is when I went like few hours after, there was like nothing on my pad, no blood whatsoever and there wasn't anything on the toilet paper either. And well today, there isn't anything either.

So what could it be ?

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, that is weird! I'd assume you're just passing a bit of endometrial tissue and your period is on its way; it could be that this period is just a bit thicker/more tissue-y than normal, which could result from something simple like reduced water intake.

So, I'd advise a wait-and-see approach. If you have no other symptoms or your period starts as usual, rest easy, if not, phone your doctor. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Yep, it's indeed kinda weird. :) I did notice some blood again on the toilet paper yesterday evening, without any blood though on my pad and I also had cramps although mild just like the one I get during my period but yet this morning everything is back to normal again.

I never actually experienced this before. Could be my period coming up but well it usually starts more drastically than this.

So yeah, I guess I'll wait and see what happens...Thanks Lauren ! :)

--------------------

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

I'm sorry to like bump this thread but I'm just worried. Thing is it has changed a bit and now I'm still having some bleeding when I wipe (although no endometrial tissue in the toilet anymore, it only happened once) but which goes on and off since a few days. Like one day I'll be fine and there will be no bleeding at all and another day I'll notice some blood on the toilet paper (it's more like vaginal discharge mixed with some blood, it's not really red). Sometimes it doesn't even last all day long, it can happen like once a day only, mostly just when I wipe.

I'm really supposed to get my period but yet it doesn't look like my period at all. I really have no idea of what's going on with me.

Since it now goes on and off, any idea of what it could be ? I'm just like scared right now that there could be some sort of problems with me. I'm asking you in case you might have an idea of what it could be...but if not, then I'm going to ask a gyn or doc.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.