Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » expectations?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: expectations?
Jenhastoomuchparanoia
Activist
Member # 33031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenhastoomuchparanoia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so normally, usually before my period I have symptoms like cramps, breast soreness a little bloating, something, this month I have nothing and my period should be coming this week. today or tomorrow. not really sure when it's pretty unpredictable but for 2 months has been every 31 days.
it should be nothing to worried about correct? I mean, if you get pregnant or something it wouldn't necessarily stop those usual symptoms right? =/ I'm not sure. what is exactly up?

Posts: 51 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You haven't even mentioned a pregnancy risk, here, so I'm not really sure why pregnancy would be a factor, unless you left something out.

Especially if your periods aren't reglar to begin with, skipping a period, having a late one, or not having (or even having) premenstrual symptoms isn't anything to get shook up over. It happens.

Obviously, if a woman happens to become pregnant, she won't have a period, therefore probably won't experience those symptoms. That, however, doesn't appear to be a possibility for you; everything is otherwise pretty typical here.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenhastoomuchparanoia
Activist
Member # 33031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenhastoomuchparanoia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so yes there is a pregnancy risk. also, I may have laid bare where there was semen on the sheets but I really tried not to get it anywhere near the vaginal area basically tried laying on the side.
I had a moment in this month where I didn't eat as frequent as I normally do and wasn't much stressing out but just slacked off eating and didn't for a while but no more than a week or anything I don't see that as a major factor though but in case that could fall in there it is. my periods are pretty regular they're always somewhere in this week of the months. and I was wondering because I haven't felt anything and I should! so now that you said that if someone does become pregnant and the chances, it really freaks me out. are there any other reasons for it not showing up? the symptoms?

Posts: 51 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenhastoomuchparanoia
Activist
Member # 33031

please reply quickly I'm waiting anxiously for a reply I just need to know what other possibilities there are for not feeling usual symptoms before a period other than pregnancy itself.
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you're describing really presents NO risk of pregnancy - to have a risk from ejaculation on bed sheets, you'd pretty much literally need to intentionally try to get as much contact with the wet spot and your vulva as possible, and even then that'd be a stretch.

The eating may have had some to do with it, depending on how little you ate compared to what you usually do, or it could have had no affect at all. And sometimes periods are just irregular or skipped entirely. It does happen.

You didn't have a pregnancy risk, really, so you don't have anything to worry about. Try to take it easy, and if you don't get your period this month? Well, that's one month's worth of menstrual products you still have so you don't need to spend more money on as soon [Smile]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.