Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » paranoid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: paranoid
kane1053
Neophyte
Member # 35256

Icon 4 posted      Profile for kane1053     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am currently on a birth control that i take daily, ,also using a condom which have never broke or leaked (i check), he also is unable to ejaculate inside me so he doesnt cum inside me.. Also he wlays pees before hand so his penis is clear or sperm i have sex like twice a month with my boyfriend.I get really paranoid about being pregnant like last month i bled a little for 3 days (im on loestrin 24 so my period are supposed to last that lenght and be very short) yet i was still paranoid like crazy.. Then this month we had sex once and we were safe like usual.. But 5 days later im feeling really nausea and so is my brother so it could just be a virus or something but im afraid i could be pregnant what do you think? or do you think im just paranoid?

--------------------
kck

Posts: 11 | From: florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Using the contraceptive pill and a condom correctly for every act of intercourse gives you as close to 100% protection as it gets. There is no reason to be concerned about pregnancy if this is the case.

If the lightness of bleeding on your pill is concerning you, you can ask your doctor to switch you to a traditional pill with less suppressive properties. There is never reason to be concerned about light bleeding/no bleeding at the end of a pill pack as long as you have taken all the pills correctly. The only exception is if you miss two bleeds in a row.

(Just for the sake of clarification; urinating beforehand is not sufficient protection for unprotected genital contact, and correct use means a condom is applied before any contact/penetration. [Smile] )

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kane1053
Neophyte
Member # 35256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kane1053     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no we never are unprotected he pees before he puts the condom on so there is no sperm in the pre cum

--------------------
kck

Posts: 11 | From: florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There really isn't enough research done on whether urinating totally clears sperm from pre-ejaculate, so honestly, it's always safest to assume that sperm will be present and use protection.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.