Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » inflamed!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: inflamed!
westbound80bj
Neophyte
Member # 34200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for westbound80bj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i had sex yesterday, and i know that your "parts" tend to get a little inflamed while you're aroused, but today, i'm still somewhat swolen.
is this normal? what could it be if not?

Posts: 30 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were you using lubrication? Fully aroused?

If not, you may have caused some irritation. Genital tissue is delicate, and can take a bit of time to recover from any sort of injury.

Give it a few days (sex-free), and if the swelling doesn't go down, a trip to the doctor may be in order.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
westbound80bj
Neophyte
Member # 34200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for westbound80bj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well it seems to have gone down a little since even this morning...but if it doesnt, do you know off the top of your head any possibilities of what it could be?
Posts: 30 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may be an infection of some sort. It's hard to say.

I imagine, since it's going down already, that it'll continue to do so and you'll have nothing to worry about.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
westbound80bj
Neophyte
Member # 34200

just one more quick question...

...is it possible that it's from the condom i used? i'd never used any kind but durex until then...could the new kind be what irritated it, or does that not really matter?

dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What type of condom did you use? It is possible for some people to have a reaction to the type of lubricant one brand uses, and not to another, or if you were using a spermicidal or "warming" type of condom, that could also be a possible culprit.

In regards to the first reply Smurf gave you - were you using extra lubrication? Were you fully aroused and relaxed before starting intercourse?

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
westbound80bj
Neophyte
Member # 34200

the condom was an Atlas condom. i got it from the local clinic.

there was no lubrication, and yes, i was fully aroused and relaxed.
i have noticed that is only one "side" of myself that is kind of puffy. it still is...should i make an appointment? or still give it some time?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.