Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » is it dangerous?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it dangerous?
xXxSweetxAngelxXx
Neophyte
Member # 32543

Icon 5 posted      Profile for xXxSweetxAngelxXx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently done anal with my boyfriend and i was wondering if its dangerous and if it is how dangerous because he wants to do it again and im not to sure bout it [Confused]

--------------------
xXxSarahxXx

Posts: 31 | From: australia | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're performing unprotected oral sex, there is a risk for STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) transmission. So, if you and he have not both received a full STI screening, you should do that soon, and use protection (ie, a condom on him) if you engage in oral sex in the future.

However, if you're not sure about performing it again, there's certainly no reason you need to, or need to feel obligated to.

A couple of our articles may help you out:
Mouthing Off On Oral Sex
STI Risk Assessment

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xXxSweetxAngelxXx
Neophyte
Member # 32543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xXxSweetxAngelxXx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was talking about anal sex not oral

--------------------
xXxSarahxXx

Posts: 31 | From: australia | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I completely misread! I'm so sorry! My advice, luckily, still applies, as it's similar to any type of sexual intercourse.

Anal intercourse can pose pregnancy and STI risks if not protected, and if you don't take it slowly and use a lot of extra lubricant, you can risk injury (anal tissue is really sensitive).

Here's our article on anal sex (again, so sorry!):
Anal Sex: No Different?

So, did you enjoy engaging in anal sex at all? Is it, or any anal play, something you feel interested in trying again, if you take things slowly and use lots of lubricant? If you're not sure about, that may be a good sign that you should refrain from anal sex in the future, unless you reach a point that you are interested in trying ti again. [Smile]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Small missunderstanding on our part. However, the advice remains pretty much the same: as long as you are using condoms for anal sex and making sure to use lubricant as needed,you're fine. If the anal sex you have engaged in was unprocted, you and your partner need to get tested for STIs, and you should also continue to do that annually (even if you're having protected sex - just to be on the safe side).

And, just like Dai said: There is no reason to engage in something you're not confomrtable with. So if you're not comfortable with anal sex, don't do it.

[Dai beat me to it.]

[ 09-06-2007, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xXxSweetxAngelxXx
Neophyte
Member # 32543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xXxSweetxAngelxXx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanx

--------------------
xXxSarahxXx

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.