Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Normal or abnormal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Normal or abnormal
BlueEyedBeauty
Activist
Member # 33519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueEyedBeauty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so I am experiencing a light brown discharge that smells like my period before I was on the pills. I start my placebo pills on the 2nd of September and I started to take it at 4 PM instead of 4:30 PM this cycle. It's not a heavy discharge, but it has left a mark on my panties and on the bed sheet when my boyfriend and I had sex. this has never happened beofre Should I be worried?
Posts: 44 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you haven't been on the pill for long (or even if you have), spotting like that is normal.

It doesn't have anything to do with changing the time at which you take your pill -- if you change the time with a new pill pack, that won't affect anything.

If the spotting happens every cycle, it might be worth talking to the person who prescribed you the pill to see if another formulation would be better.

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueEyedBeauty
Activist
Member # 33519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueEyedBeauty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I have been on the same pill since October, and it is the first time I have experienced this besides the first cycle with the pills.

Thanks for the info

Posts: 44 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueEyedBeauty
Activist
Member # 33519

It's been a week, and the spotting hasn't stopped. It doesn't appear when I pee, but it appears in my underwear and lightly on the toilet paper. Is this still normal?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.