Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » True or just a myth?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: True or just a myth?
archer
Activist
Member # 27799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for archer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are certain questions running in my mind and I wanted to know if they are true or not...Since I know people at scarleteen are well read and have a good knowledge so thought I'd shoot here....

1) I normally masturbate not too frequently but I do...I want to know is it infectious or anything to masturbate during your periods? I ean even if you masturbate in a wet environment, would you catch any infection or something if you masturbate during your periods?

2) I have heard some people say papaya the fruit... is generally not good for women and more so during their periods...is this true? I have just heard but not certain....
Thank u!!

Posts: 104 | From: India | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) Nope- there's nothing wrong with masturbating during your period, it's just a tad messier! [Smile]

2) I don't think the papaya thing is true; I've actually heard things that are the exact opposite- that the papaya can ease menstrual pain (I'm not sure that's true either though- at least it's never worked for me!).

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.