Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pill
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 11 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there!
I started my first BC pill packet this sunday, (the first sunday after my period). The name of the brand is [Diane 35], i've being getting a lot of headaches and nausea, i would like to know if i can take an aspirin once in a while to cease the pain. Could you also check out this webpage? it is not long, it just gives the info for [Diane 35] Also, I started it without medical transcript.

http://www.schering.com.hk/scripts/en/20_busareas/prod_list/spl/diane_35.php/

Could you please help me out? I'm on my fifth pill now. And i'm using a backup method, such as condoms but the headaches and the nausea are very annoying, it's like if i was pregnant. Although i'm a 100% sure i'm not.

--------------------
peace

Posts: 68 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can take over-the-counter pain medications without any interaction with the pill's effectiveness.

Also, I started it without medical transcript.

I'm confused; could you clarify what you mean? As I'm reading it, it sounds as if you didn't have a doctor's authorization to get the pills, which is illegal in many countries, including China.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got it without a doctor's authorization. I didn't know it was illegal but it seems it is not.

Watson's pharmacy in China is in an open area for foreigners. I went there with previous research online about this brand of pill and i just bought it like that. Like i talked to the lady in charge and she just showed me like 2 more brands and told me the prices and told me kinda how to use it and thats it. She didnt ask for any medical authorisation or anthing. Is that a bad thing? Should i stop using it? Did I go against the law?? Also, in the website that i went, the only one that required medical authorization was the brand [Yasmin] but that's only available in Hong kOng, not in China mailand yet. When I bought the pills it was like if I was buying chocolates or something like that, not of a big deal, but now i'm starting to worry. What should I do??

--------------------
peace

Posts: 68 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really, while you can get away with it, it is ultimately best to get a pill prescribed for you, from a GP or OB/GYN who has also given you basic and reproductive health checks first, and who has a good idea, knowing all your health info, as to what is best for you. (FYI, a doc will also give you a pregnancy test first, and given all your risks in the last month, this'd be pretty critical for you.)

So, the legality isn't the big concern for me: your health is, especially considering you're having strong side effects.

Can you not get healthcare in China right now, or can starying the pill not wait until you're back home where you can?

I'd go off of this: over the past couple of months, you have put more hormones into your body than they shoot cows up with in factory fams, honey. It really is no wonder you're feeling awful.

And as I've said before, if your partner cannot cooperate with condom use, and getting on the pill os about having a method because he won't cooperate, PLEASE just STOP having sex with him.

[ 03-28-2007, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67145 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aya, i thought that by getting BC pills WE were being responsible, yeah he is using now a condom. thanks God. Since i've being in this website we've improved quite a lot, specially me. From using no condoms at all and just EC, i moved into using condoms (that failed sometimes) and going back to EC, to getting BC pills and using condoms properly. Now the concern is that i didnt get those pills with medical prescription, and my health is on risk for all the hormones taken within the past month. This is a real hard situation for me but i see that the only situation i am in right now is to stop since i cant completely trust condoms alone. Since for the moment i dont have access to a healthcare without my parents knowing, i guess i will have to stop, although it is real hard since i tried once and i couldnt. Im going to stop the pill today. Thank you so much for your time, i greatly appreciate it !

--------------------
peace

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetie?

You were trusting EC alone for a while there, and often EC is LESS effective than condoms alone.

Condoms are a reliable method, so long as they are being USED reliably, for all genital contact, all the time.

So, if you and your partner CAN do that, 100%, then condoms are a fine sole method.

But if you can't, then yes: backing off of at least intercourse of any kind until you have a reliable method around you and yours will use properly is wise. remember: not only is intercourse not all there is to sex, people often enjoy the other sexual activities -- which can carry STI risks, but not pregnancy risks -- even more. So, a break from intercourse, especially when it's more trouble than it's worth, really needn't be a big loss. [Smile]

(I'm really glad we've been able to help you start making safer choices, by the way. Are you a citizen in China? if so, I don't know much about the healthcare system there, but I could do some digging for you tomorrow to see if you have any options for sexual healthcare w/out parental knowledge.)

--------------------
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67145 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Well, I know we have residence card, not about citizenship. If you are a citizen it will be like if you were a chinese right? If so, no.
Thank you soooooo much for all your help!! I don't know how you guys find time to attend this website and still have a proper life [Smile] you guys are awsome!!

Half an hour ago I talked openly to my bf. We are going to HOng Kong in May to the hospital, although i'm not sure if i can just make an appointment just like that, my dad had an operation there a couple of months ago so I don't know how confidensialy it could be having the same last name. But if you still find a healthcare org. I will appreciate it as well. A 1000 thx. again [Smile]

--------------------
peace

Heather
Member # 3

As I recall, the language barrier has been a big problem for you.

Doing some looking, this chain of hospitals -- http://www.unitedfamilyhospitals.com/ -- is apparently one suggested for travelers, as they have plenty of translators around.

So, what I'd suggest is just calling a couple of the closest branches to you and asking them about how the system works for a non-citizen and what your options are.

But as I understand it, there's no reason a Chinese hospital wouldn't keep your information confidential.

--------------------
About MeGet our book!

transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

All right!!
i wasnt able to get online till now, thanks for the website!!! i really appreciate it !!!!!
Thank YOU so much again!

--------------------
peace

transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

All right!!
i wasnt able to get online till now, thanks for the website!!! i really appreciate it !!!!!
Thank YOU so much again!

--------------------
peace

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.