Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » the pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the pill
hurleygirl
Neophyte
Member # 33223

Icon 11 posted      Profile for hurleygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
i'm so scared of asking my mom for birth control.

I am a virgin and me and my boyfriend are SO incredibly careful, but I always think that there is that .0001% chance that pregnancy can happen.

I have told my parents and boyfriend that I don't want to have sex before marriage. But I want birth control so me and my boyfriend don't have to do all of these precautions. It's as if we have OCD with everything we do there!

I dont want my parents thinking that I'm lying to them about me having sex. I have not gone to OB/GYN. I'm 18 and i think this is weird! Someone pleaseee help.

--------------------
-hurleygirl-

Posts: 20 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you understand that if you're not having intercourse, and just practtcing safer sex for the other kinds of sex that you're having that the pill really won't make things any safer? And that safer sex isn't something to just bloe off, and those precautions are important?

I don't say that to avoid your question, but just because earnestly, the pill isn't for everyone, so if you really don't need it, it's sage not to just grab it because: the pill does have side effects, some worse than others for some women.

That said, you still need annual OB/GYN care, and that'd be the best person to talk to about all of this. You can see an gynecologist all on your own, you don't need to tell your parents if you don't want to. If you want your parents involved, then I'd just suggest you be honest and say all you have here, so there's no reason for them to think you're lying, since you won't be.

I would, however, just be sure you're not living in denial. Intercourse isn't all sex: it's just one kind. So, if you and your partner are engaging in manual sex, oral sex, other kinds of sex, you are still having sex: you're just not having vaginal intercourse.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurleygirl
Neophyte
Member # 33223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurleygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
thank you SOOO much for your help it definitly helped =) you have helped me sooo much. its so relieving that I could tell someone my concerns =D

--------------------
-hurleygirl-

Posts: 20 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course.

And if hyou need help finding sexual healthcare in your area, we can help there, too, so just let us know. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurleygirl
Neophyte
Member # 33223

is it alright if i ask you just one more question?

my boyfriend and i just did some stuff and some of that stuff (if you know what i mean) may have gotten onto the toilet seat when i put it into the toilet...i cleaned it like crazy with scrubbing bubbles. TWICE. i first wiped it off with water and toilet paper and then with the scrubbing bubbles.

is there anyway that anything could happen?

--------------------
-hurleygirl-

Heather
Member # 3

By "stuff" do you mean his semen?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

hurleygirl
Neophyte
Member # 33223

yes im very shy with talking about that kind of thing.

--------------------
-hurleygirl-

Heather
Member # 3

S'okay, but as Xander said once to Willow in an episdoe of Buffy, if you can't say it, you probably shouldn't be doing it. [Smile] Just give it some thought.

I'm not sure I understand how you were carrying semen from one place to the toilet -- if you two are having that kind of contact, it really should be in a condom, okay? -- but if the only place semen wound up was on the toilet, and you cleaned it this way, the semen is going to be off the toilet, of no harm to anyone.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

hurleygirl
Neophyte
Member # 33223

oh great thank you SOO much..the weight is off my shoulders. i really depend on this site SO much with everything.

lol you're very funny! your help is GREATLY appreciated!

--------------------
-hurleygirl-

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.